• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by OportRailfan

Oh well. Hopefully they'll call me about PATH. I just got offered a summer internship with the PA so I might not be able to work for PATH during the summer.
  by MOOOOOPS

OportRailfan wrote:Oh well. Hopefully they'll call me about PATH. I just got offered a summer internship with the PA so I might not be able to work for PATH during the summer.
Congratulations on getting the internship.
  by MOOOOOPS

Hey everyone. I got back from the oral interview about 30 minutes ago, and I must say it went very well. When you pull up to the entrance for the facility, a security guard will have you sign in. You then park in the visitor parking lot, walk into a building, and walk up 3 flights of stairs. You then walk in a overpass that goes over the tracks and train cars to the main building, and there is a sign there showing you where to wait for your interview. I was called in pretty quick from the time I got there. There were 2 employees for my interview: a very nice man and woman. Both were very welcoming, and were very professional. They both asked me questions and I provided direct responses. There were about 35 questions total. After they were done, they asked me if I had any questions for them. I was told I will hear back within 1 month if I am hired or not. I didn't have any problems with it. As long as you answer their questions directly and honestly, you should do fine.
  by samlind1

Good job MOOOOPS Hopefully you get it I'm still waiting for my test scores if I passed or failed. Pretty sure I passed hopefully they call me for a interview soon I need work and money.....
  by MOOOOOPS

samlind1 wrote:Good job MOOOOPS Hopefully you get it I'm still waiting for my test scores if I passed or failed. Pretty sure I passed hopefully they call me for a interview soon I need work and money.....
Thanks. Hopefully you passed your written exam.
  by dinohat

congratulations moooops on passing the test and getting the responce so fast . i took the test on march 20 i just got a letter today saying i passed the test and that makes me eligible to participate in the second phase the oral interview and that ill be informed of the time & date in the near future. i was wondering do they tell you what your score is , are the questions about how you get along with others and superiors and the big question what the pay starts at .do they talk about $
im looking for a heads up thanks.
  by MOOOOOPS

dinohat wrote:congratulations moooops on passing the test and getting the responce so fast . i took the test on march 20 i just got a letter today saying i passed the test and that makes me eligible to participate in the second phase the oral interview and that ill be informed of the time & date in the near future. i was wondering do they tell you what your score is , are the questions about how you get along with others and superiors and the big question what the pay starts at .do they talk about $
im looking for a heads up thanks.
Thanks. Congratulations on passing your written exam. I hope you pass your oral interview and get hired. To answer your questions, no they don't give you your score. All you are told is if you passed or failed. The questions they ask you are divided into different sections. The first set of questions are all about you. Your education history, your work history, and any experience you may have. The second set of questions they ask you are about your knowledge of PATH. The third set of questions they ask are situation questions. Basically what would you do if you were in a certain situation. I may be missing others, but those are mainly them. They are pretty good questions. And no, they don't talk about salary or benefits. However, after they ask you all their questions, they let you ask them questions. You could ask them what the salary is. Good luck with your oral interview.
  by OportRailfan

I got the same letter today. Moooops, did they interview you at the Harrison Car Maintenance Facility?; that's how it sounds by the place that you described. I know there's a walkway over some of the yard tracks on the side facing the Passaic.
  by MOOOOOPS

OportRailfan wrote:I got the same letter today. Moooops, did they interview you at the Harrison Car Maintenance Facility?; that's how it sounds by the place that you described. I know there's a walkway over some of the yard tracks on the side facing the Passaic.
Yes. The interview is done at Harrison Car Maintenance Facility, which I like since you can familiarize yourself with the area where you will be working. Its a very nice facility. Good luck to everyone with their interviews.

This is the walkway/overpass I am referring to:

by MOOOOOPS

dinohat wrote:thanks mooooops you have been very helpful good luck to you
Your welcome. I'm glad I was of help to you.
  by MOOOOOPS

Out of curiosity, has anyone else been scheduled for their interview yet?
  by OportRailfan

I've yet to hear anything yet
  by MOOOOOPS

jp1990 wrote:do u guys know how long it takes after interview?
You'll hear back within 1 month from the date of your interview if you were hired or not. My interview was almost 2 weeks ago, so I have about 2 weeks more to go. I'm VERY nervous.