• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by OportRailfan

There really was no dress code. Some people dressed up, others didnt...and in retrospect, I probably wouldn't have now if I had to do it again.

It's just an outside agency contracted by the Port Authority to administer an aptitude test on the qualities they said they were testing.

Bunch of timed multiple choice tests.
  by OportRailfan

We'll hear back in 3-4 weeks they said...and that was last Friday...so 3 weeks to go max...looks like 2 months minimum in the process of hiring
  by MOOOOOPS

Does anyone know how they mark these exams? Do you need to pass each section to pass, or do you just need a passing score of all 3 sections combined to pass? And I assume 70% is passing? I am surprised they didn't say anything to use on the exam date.
  by OportRailfan

Anyone get any calls from them? Supposedly they tried my cell phone but I never got a missed call on it.

They called my parents at their house and didn't give them a call back number, but they confirmed my cell #. weird.
  by MOOOOOPS

OportRailfan wrote:Anyone get any calls from them? Supposedly they tried my cell phone but I never got a missed call on it.

They called my parents at their house and didn't give them a call back number, but they confirmed my cell #. weird.
I've been on vacation since the 6th. I just got back today, and there have been no calls. I checked my cellphone too and nothing. When did they try to call you?
  by OportRailfan

I think wednesday
  by MOOOOOPS

OportRailfan wrote:I think wednesday
Now I'm getting a little bit nervous because I haven't received a call from them. Hopefully they call next week. By chance, do you know why they called? Was it with your exam score, or was it to schedule your oral exam?
  by OportRailfan

They called my house looking for me. My mom answered and verified my cell phone number, and they said they were going to call me on that.
I never had any missed calls that day, so I don't know what happened. I don't know so I'm kinda going nuts.
  by MOOOOOPS

I GOT THE CALL!!! I passed the written exam and am scheduled for the oral exam.
  by MOOOOOPS

samlind1 wrote:What is the oral exam?
I assume its like a oral interview. What I imagine it would be is you sit down with a Human Resources employee and they ask you questions, and if you pass that, you are hired. I'm surprised they are having the oral exam so quick. Mine is scheduled for Thursday.
  by samlind1

Good luck let us know how u do.. I took the written test for General Maintanence April 7th still don't have any results as of yet..
  by MOOOOOPS

samlind1 wrote:Good luck let us know how u do.. I took the written test for General Maintanence April 7th still don't have any results as of yet..
Thanks. I'll post how it went on Thursday evening when I get home. I took my test on March 20th and I didn't hear back til today. So you probably wont hear back til early May. The waiting sucks, but the call you get once you are told you are scheduled for the oral exam makes it well worth it. :-D