Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

today1/13 CSX brought back engine 217 from rebuilt, It was in west yard this afternoon.
I don't think currently any other P32acdm's are at GE or Juniata
  by Clean Cab

I wonder when the CDOT owned Gennies will be sent out?
  by DutchRailnut

when all MNCR units are finished or unless they fail.
still several MNCR units to go # 223 for one
  by M1 9147

Unrepainted ones such as 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, and 225 and all the CDOT ones are not yet done. So as mentioned, 217 is the newest rebuild.
  by railmason357

I hear the 217 is going to be wyed tonight (1/19) 5790/3
  by MN-P32AC-DM-201-227

It's a good thing that another P32AC-DM is back from rebuild. With all this snow, and another storm on its way the P32's are a big help this winter. I suppose that's why there's no news on any other units being sent out....
  by FL9AC

yea...it's too bad we don't have another dozen or so to fill in for the ailing New Haven fleet or even replace/expand service.
  by Clean Cab

This horrible winter proves that more engines are needed desperately.
  by MN-P32AC-DM-201-227

We hear so much about the M-2's, M-4's etc failing with all this snow. How are the rebuilt, non-rebuilt P32AC-DM'S holding up with all this extreme cold and snow lately? I image with the New Haven line's equipment in shambles, these units are being used more then ever.

***A big hat's off to everyone that works on Metro North!! Everyone plays a big role From the car cleaners, mechanics, conductors, engineers, RTC's and upper-management you guys are doing a hell of a good job with such tough conditions. Keep up the good work, its much appreciated!!! ***

John
  by DutchRailnut

The Genesis are holding up fairly well, despite being beaten to death in this ordeal.
201 is at NWP paintshop for sideswipe repairs
221 is ready to be shipped out for GE toaster factory in Erie
  by District D RTC

221, mark as shipped.
  by railmason357

Rumor is the 219 is going back to Erie from it's incident on train 810
  by 161pw165

I saw an MTA Genesis on the loop at Frontier Yard, Buffalo, yesterday. It was in the original gray paint scheme but was too far away to make out the road number. Can anyone shed some light on this unit? On its way to Erie, maybe? Thanks in advance....
  by DutchRailnut

correct unit 221 on its way to Erie for rebuild.