• Owego & Harford in SAYRE - Lehigh Railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by scottychaos

thannon wrote:
scottychaos wrote:Anyone have the current status on the three GP40's?
looks like two are with the Lehigh Railway currently..3003 and (which other one?)
and what of the third GP40? is she with the Luzerne & Susquehanna now?

...But the reporting marks make things confusing, because im not sure if I should list the GP40's as actual LRWY units..
or list them as LS units that happen to be operating on the LRWY...
LS 3001 was recently in Sayre with the 3003. Three U23B's the other day and two GP40's today (only saw the 3003 #).

Scotty - would almost say you would need to group the whole lot under the mother company (roster w/ OHRY, LWRY, LS) or keep it floating and update as it changes.
Thanks Tom!
yeah, I have considered making just *one* roster..listing them all together..
but I like the idea of the seperate pages for each railroad..
but the railroads themselves arent very separate..they can very easily mix and match power as needed..
I will have to think about it!
thanks,
Scot
  by nessman

My travels for work today took me through Owego. Caught 2302 long hood forward making its way south across NY 96 to the NS interchange with 7-8 cars of scrap metal. Looked like there were some empties waiting for him on the NY 96 underpass. Right place at the right time.
  by roadster

As of Thursday 2/24, the 2211 was still sitting in CSX E. Syracuse, engine service area. I can only assume, it's waiting to be taken to the NYS&W interchange at CP 293.
  by unmotivated

As of March 5, 2011, the 2211 was setting in Binghamton. NYSW brought the engine to Binghamton and set it out with a cut of cars for NS to pick up. The 2211 should be in Owego sometime this week.
  by ANDY117

2211 is in Owego. I got pictures of it and 2302, as well as the 40, Rocky, and Bullwinkle. They have quite the collection of power now.
  by krug138

Thanks Frank, much appreciated! It is rare I am up in that part of the state, so I was very pleased to catch some good action.
  by setaf

Yes, I must add my congratulations also. Very nice. I seldom see them in the daylight due to work.
  by setaf

Not much activity on here. Was wondering if anyone knows what power is being used now. I hear rumors of another unit in the Towanda area, but haven't had a chance to see it yet.
  by LRWYENGR18222

We brought up the LS 1751 to Mehoopany on April 20th. She's paired up with the 3003 and working mainly between Mehoopany and Wyalusing with a run up north now and then. Here are a couple pics at Meshoppen on April 22nd.