• Official Tilton Caboose Train Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by wog820

Matty nice pics of the train. :-) I guess we got up to a whopping 34.4 mph according to someones gps on board, down near Canterbury. Thats pretty good for that railroad. :P

by NHN503

Hey nice shots!

I've never seen so many photos of me on NERAIL... LOL. And they don't even like me over there!

I posted some vids on YouTube, and will edit my shots tonight. I know many are looking for the bridge shots.

My gov gitta???...$900 going to speeder equipment and model RR supplies. $300 in track, and $600 in radios for the A5-C

by Mattydred

What's your screen name on YouTube, Ian? I'd love to check those vids out.

by Mattydred

Excellent! The speeder and other vids were great too.

And now I'm on YouTube! I'm a staah...

:-D

by B&Mguy

Great videos Ian! You can actually see me in the distance in the video of the train crossing route 140 :-D

Where exactly is the Lochmere siding located? I didn't follow you guys that far, but for the next trip coming up, I'd like to get some photos there.

by b&m 1566

B&Mguy wrote:Great videos Ian! You can actually see me in the distance in the video of the train crossing route 140 :-D

Where exactly is the Lochmere siding located? I didn't follow you guys that far, but for the next trip coming up, I'd like to get some photos there.
It's just north of the draw bridge.

by NHN503

b&m 1566 wrote:
B&Mguy wrote:Great videos Ian! You can actually see me in the distance in the video of the train crossing route 140 :-D

It's just north of the draw bridge.
Negatory, thats Lakeport Siding. Lochmere Siding is just north of the IPT spur track.

by b&m 1566

Gosh darn it!!! I have always mistaken the two! :(

by B&Mguy

Thanks Ian. How do you access it from route 3?

by B&Mguy

Thanks Matt! I was trying to locate it in my Delorme atlas, but there are a lot of random back roads in that area, and it was hard to tell where the exact location would have been.

I'm already trying to map out some photo locations for the upcoming Tilton-Lincoln run. Anyone on here have any favorites? I'm going to try and hit all the stations, but I'd like to get some others along the way as well.

by B&Mguy

Hey,

Is there a schedule for this weeeknd's Tilton-Lincoln trip yet?

Also, I heard that there maybe heavy rains in northern New England on Saturday, and since a lot of this line runs close to waterways, i was wondering what the likelyhood is that to trip could be impacted.

Thanks for any info!

by NHN503

So far I have heard showers on Friday night, but Saturday and Sunday being sunny. Thats for Northern NH anyway.

I dunno how the Hobo schedule goes when they run the caboose train, but I believe they leave the same time from Caboose Village, ~0930-1030.

by B&Mguy

Thanks for the info Ian. I keep forgetting that the Hobo is running this trip and not the NEGS. I'll probably arrive at Northfield around 9:30, so I won't miss it either way. I'm guess the lunch stop would be in Plymouth, and arrival in Lincoln would be in the mid afternoon. I'm looking forward to the chase.