• Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by greyhairedpete

It was a beautiful winter day, perfect for the last run of 60 for the year. Got some great shots of her Southbound with the 3pm Santa train.

Hats off to everyone involved in getting her back into service.

Merry Christmas to all at the BR&W.

Pete
  by wolfboy8171981

Update on 60: This past weekend she passed her annual hydrostatic test. Many many thanks to all who have been working on her to get her ready for the 2013 season!

BRRHT has acquired two "new" pieces of rolling stock thru donations of its members. LV 95106 "The Who Hack" has been donated to the Trust from the estate of Thomas Barkovsky. Also, ERIE C140 "The Horn Train" has been donated from its owner to the Trust.
  by wolfboy8171981

The BRRHT will be having a National Train Day exibit in Flemington, NJ from 11am to 4pm. Come Stop by and get a free tour of some private caboose by their owners. Also, 2-8-0 #60 will be preforming shake down runs all day from Flemington to Ringoes.
  by Ken W2KB

Steam locomotive #60 will be pulling our Summer Excursion trains this weekend, June 8-9.

Round-trip trains depart Flemington Station at 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, and 2:30 PM.

Tickets are first-come-first-serve. Reservations are not available. Children under age 3 ride FREE. Children ages 3-11 are $7. Passengers age 12+ are $14.

Come celebrate summer with a relaxing steam-powered train journey through Hunterdon County!
  by chuchubob

Ken W2KB wrote:Steam locomotive #60 will be pulling our Summer Excursion trains this weekend, June 8-9.

Round-trip trains depart Flemington Station at 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, and 2:30 PM.

Tickets are first-come-first-serve. Reservations are not available. Children under age 3 ride FREE. Children ages 3-11 are $7. Passengers age 12+ are $14.

Come celebrate summer with a relaxing steam-powered train journey through Hunterdon County!
Ready to go on Saturday; Johanna Farms Road.
arriving at Ringoes
  by PVRX1

60 will be running the next two weekends as well, June 15-16 and June 22-23.

Of course we reserve the right to substitute motive power if necessary, but the afore mentioned operation is the plan.
  by OCtrainguy

PVRX1 wrote:60 will be running the next two weekends as well, June 15-16 and June 22-23.

Of course we reserve the right to substitute motive power if necessary, but the afore mentioned operation is the plan.
With this helpful information, I went out and rode the 1:00 p.m. train out of Flemington and then photographed the next two runs to Ringoes from Flemington. The weather Saturday was terrific!
  by Ken W2KB

OCtrainguy wrote:
PVRX1 wrote:60 will be running the next two weekends as well, June 15-16 and June 22-23.

With this helpful information, I went out and rode the 1:00 p.m. train out of Flemington and then photographed the next two runs to Ringoes from Flemington. The weather Saturday was terrific!
Do you have a blue car? One of the passengers nervously reported to me that "the same blue car keeps following the train and is parked everywhere the roads cross." ;-)

Thanks for riding!!
  by OCtrainguy

Ken W2KB wrote:Do you have a blue car? One of the passengers nervously reported to me that "the same blue car keeps following the train and is parked everywhere the roads cross." ;-)

Thanks for riding!!
No, that wasn't me. And when I parked near a grade crossing, it was a very safe distance away..

And I figured I'd ride one of the trips to support the BRRHT so I can ride and photo future excursions.
  by Ken W2KB

OCtrainguy wrote:
Ken W2KB wrote:Do you have a blue car? One of the passengers nervously reported to me that "the same blue car keeps following the train and is parked everywhere the roads cross." ;-)

Thanks for riding!!
No, that wasn't me. And when I parked near a grade crossing, it was a very safe distance away..

And I figured I'd ride one of the trips to support the BRRHT so I can ride and photo future excursions.
Thanks. The blue car was not close to the track. The passenger was concerned with the reason that someone would "stalk the train" starting at Flemington and showing up at each accessible point enroute. I explained the railfan hobby in general and railfan photography specifically. That seemed to satisfy him.
  by OCtrainguy

Here are some photos from Saturday:

At Ringoes station before the crew lets us board
Running around the train at Flemington
The 2:30 train leaving Flemington
Rolling through the Toad Lane crossing
On the north end of the runaround at Flemington
On the runaround at Flemington with the old mill looking good
At the station in Flemington with some onlookers
The last train of the day to Ringoes is almost home

Hope you enjoy!