• NYOW 116 to Arkville and DURR

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by eehiv

Latest news is that the 116 has been loaded and is ready to go. Bad news is that getting it inspected and getting its permits from NYSDOT is taking longer than expected. Move date could be pushed back to as late as NEXT Tuesday.

EH
  by eehiv

Latest news is that they expect to leave Binghamton at 9:00 on Friday the 15th. If the cranes are all in place they should pick and place 116 at about 4:30PM in Kelly Corners.

EH
  by Otto Vondrak

Paint looks a little faded... a far cry from when it was restored a few years ago.

http://www.owrhs.org/OW104.5_2.jpg

NYO&W "105" is on the Southern Railroad of New Jersey:

http://www.nyow.org/nyow_105.html

-otto-
  by Kuyahoora Valley

Checked it out on my way through Binghamton today...very nice set-up. That trailer is really neat and very long. 116 was all nestled safely inside with her trucks on 2 additional flatbeds, anxiously awaiting departure.
  by isaksenj

Yup, the Georgia sun did a job on it - though nothing a good buffing out and Simoniz can't cure...
  by ricebrianrice

by umtrr-author

Nice photos considering the underbridge location! Thanks for sharing.

Like your signature too... take that, you armchair whatevers...

Sneaking back to the 105 (or the 101), I operated it for about 100 yards while it was in Lake Placid.
  by scharnhorst

One of the photos shows 1 roller bearing truck on a trailer. Dose this unit have 1 roller bearing and one friction bearing truck or a set of friction trucks? Its been a while sents I saw this unit.
Last edited by scharnhorst on Sat May 16, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by eehiv

Move did not occur today (15th). Next try will be on Monday the 18th.

EH
  by Kuyahoora Valley

One of the photos shows 1 roller bearing truck on a trailer. Dose this unit have 1 roller bearing and one friction bearing truck or a set of friction trucks? Its been a while sents I saw this unit.
Both trucks are roller bearing
116 truck 1.jpg
116 truck 2.jpg
Also saw this cool cast iron milepost in the weeds. No city shown. D&H? This was under the I-81 bridge near the track to the grain elevator.
MP Bingo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by scharnhorst

why did the buyer opt to move the 116 by truck insted of over the rails if this unit was on roller bearing trucks? I know its a stupied question but just wondering.
  by dutchboy

Im pretty sure the track in some sections that it would have to get there is washed out and very unusable. Im not sure what sections but im sure someone will fill in the spots where they cant use it... There is a post about Catskill Mt. news and I think there are pics that show the bridges and stuff it would not be able to get over.