• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by pdtrains

Does the NS still call this line the "Washington Secondary?" "Secondary track" is nomenclature that was
only used by the PRR, and adopted by PC and CR to some extant. PRR had specific rules for "Operation on secondary tracks", so if you called it a secondary track, you had to be adopting the PRR rule book.

Of course, NS could just name it the "Washington Secondary, without any reference to it being a "secondary track"
Under the DLW and EL, it was the "Washington Line". Other than PRR/PC/CR, no one else ever used the term "secondary track", that I know of.
  by SemperFidelis

Unless I'm wrong, I think the Central Railroad of New Jersey used the term "secondary" as well. The partially abandoned line from Perth Amboy to Winslow (and points beyond)through the Pinelands of New Jersey is referred to as the "Southern Secondary".
  by pdtrains

No, under the CNJ it was the Southern Division. "Southern Secondary" didn't come along
till CR....using ex-pennsy terminology
  by gravelyfan

Rare Sunday move...
H-02 just came west off the Montclair Line at Denville with 6 covered hoppers @ 11:40 am.
  by ns3010

Maybe they're starying their week a day early in order to be able to have Friday off?
  by jprez1963

HO2 eastbound through Mansfield at 440pm. 3010 and 8 or 9 cars.
  by denvillerailfan

Monday 11am - 6 covered hoppers and 1 boxcar on the wye. As I got out to look, 3010 and one tanker came in from the morristown line - guessing from Colgate.
Added the tanker on the west end of the hoppers. 3010 (facing west) went around the wye, hooked up on the eastend (now facing east). After an NJT train cleared the interlocking, they backed onto the main and went off on the Boonton line.
When I got on 80 I saw them stopped at Bluelinx.
  by NYS&W142Fan

Saturday morning, 12/18, Saw a long line of the MofW equipment making it's way into Washington yard as I crossed over the line on Rt 57. Later, around 1:30 PM the line of MofW equipment came off the Washington Secondary and crossed the Delaware River. There was about 25 pieces. I assumed they were moving the equipment back to the yard for the Holidays.
  by gravelyfan

H-02 (with the 3010) was in Boonton around 12:30 on Wednesday
  by nick11a

gravelyfan wrote:H-02 (with the 3010) was in Boonton around 12:30 on Wednesday
They headed west to Washington after.
  by Ken S.

I have a friend in NYC who is interested in catching H-02 somewhere. I need to know what radio frequency (he has a scanner) H-02 is on and where they go on the days they work.
  by ns3010

I would think that the radio frequency would be NJT Hoboken Division, 161.4000

Usually, they go West on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; and East on Tuesday and Thursday. Lately, however, they seem to be mixing this up, presumably due to the trackwork on the WASS.
  by chuxter26

They'll probably be heading west in the a.m with around 15 cars
  by Ken S.

When they go west of Dover, what time would they be back in Dover?
  by nick11a

Ken S. wrote:When they go west of Dover, what time would they be back in Dover?
It entirely depends on how many cars they have to drop off/pick up and NJT's west of Dover trains. They have only have certain windows to use between the trains that go west of Dover.