• Nickel Plate 765 Buffalo-Corning Aug. 1-2, 2015

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by BR&P

MP366 wrote:Buffalo, Alden, Darien Center, Attica, Dale, Rock Glen, Silver Springs, Castile, Portageville Bridge/Letchworth Park, Dalton, Swain, Canaseraga, Arkport, Hornell, North! side of Canisteo, Adrian, Cameron, Addison, Gang Mills. aka, the former Erie Main and Buffalo Main
Yeah, a good start, but what if he wants to chase it WESTbound? :wink: :P :-D
  by jonathanhuyck

I have two dome car (9410) tickets for the Saturday, August 1 trip. For unforeseen personal reasons, I regrettable cannot make the trip. I tried to call the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society to request a refund, but they're only open on weekends. Would anyone be willing to purchase these tickets at face value? They were $249/ each. I'm going through a divorce and can't afford a $500 hit! Thanks...

-Jonathan
  by sd80mac

BR&P wrote:
MP366 wrote:Buffalo, Alden, Darien Center, Attica, Dale, Rock Glen, Silver Springs, Castile, Portageville Bridge/Letchworth Park, Dalton, Swain, Canaseraga, Arkport, Hornell, North! side of Canisteo, Adrian, Cameron, Addison, Gang Mills. aka, the former Erie Main and Buffalo Main
Yeah, a good start, but what if he wants to chase it WESTbound? :wink: :P :-D

Turn the paper upside down and read from the top, if he can read letter upside down. :P :P
  by scopelliti

Hey! Four years of college weren't wasted on me. OK, maybe it was six....
  by ctclark1

BR&P wrote:Yeah, a good start, but what if he wants to chase it WESTbound? :wink: :P :-D
slliM gnaG ,nosiddA ,noremaC ,nairdA ,oetsinaC fo edis !htroN ,llenroH ,tropkrA ,agaresanaC ,niawS ,notlaD ,kraP htrowhcteL/egdirB ellivegatroP ,elitsaC ,sgnirpS revliS ,nelG kcoR ,elaD ,acittA ,retneC neiraD ,nedlA ,olaffuB
  by BR&P

ctclark1 wrote: slliM gnaG ,nosiddA ,noremaC ,nairdA ,oetsinaC fo edis !htroN ,llenroH ,tropkrA ,agaresanaC ,niawS ,notlaD ,kraP htrowhcteL/egdirB ellivegatroP ,elitsaC ,sgnirpS revliS ,nelG kcoR ,elaD ,acittA ,retneC neiraD ,nedlA ,olaffuB
Fantastic - I love it! :-D
  by sd80mac

ctclark1 wrote:Is it hauling its own coal? :D
Yeah, didnt u see the video that it was hauling it's own fuel?? there are video that it was on way to Ashtabula showing that its pulling the cars of coals. Smart move on them.. save cost and headache of trying to finding the coal from seller...
  by ScotCP356

Were less then ONE DAY away from the big show rolling over the NS Southern Tier!! It's official that the train will have no diesels for the weekend, although I think NS would have one ready to go incase something goes south quick. So this leads me being the weatherman! hahahahaha! Anyways here is the weekend forecast:

Saturday Forecast from 13 WHAM Weather: Some sunshine during the morning. A few more clouds by the afternoon with the chance of a thunderstorm, High: 81, Wind: W 10-20 mph.

Sunday Forecast from 13 WHAM Weather: Partly sunny with the chance for afternoon thunderstorms. Overall a mainly dry day, High: 83, Wind: W/SW 5-15 mph.

Information on weather came from: http://www.13wham.com/weather/#.Vbun7RHbKM8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So with that said, let's all have a great weekend catching the Nickel Plate 765 and the Erie Limited!! :D

- Scott
  by MarkT

People lined up and down Erie Road in Lancaster this morning. Train went by at ~9am. Impressive!. Took an awful quality video I won't even bother posting :( Thoughts of chasing but just way too much speed. I don't see how anyone could chase it. Can't believe I didn't get tix.

Like you couldn't predict this. About 1,000' feet up from me, a woman standing on the tracks on a private crossing steps out of the way with like 200' to spare. I'm sure she is just the first of many to pull that trick today and tomorrow