• NHRHTA gets interesting a'gin

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Jeff Smith

Agree. I have come to know Mr. Weaver as an informative voice on all railroad operations, not just the NH. He is also very unbiased about the operation of the NH; he will defend it when appropriate, and admit its shortcomings as well. It is clear that the NH was near and dear to him. I will also say that he has a thick skin; he has disagreed with others on this forum and been insulted and still comes back. For the NHRHTA to have "shunned" him is their loss as his demonstrated ability to share insights with documented facts on the historical record of the NH is beyond comparison.

I haven't posted on here before as I am not privy to the details of the disagreement, but the recent posts by the alias "OrmsTower" have convinced me (as I already believed anyway) that the NHRHTA must be at fault, in particular, this individual. I certainly do not begrduge OrmsTower his or her right to defend oneself, but the manner in which this has been done clearly indicates has no basis for defense. Certainly, the definition of "Internet Troll" does no apply to Mr. Weaver in any shape or form whatsoever. He did not originate this thread, he only responded with well articulated examples of what was going on.

OrmsTower, you'll find no refuge here, I'm afraid.
  by Jeff Smith

I find nothing extraneous about his remarks, but I do find your ad hominem attack quite extraneous. If you want to defend yourself about the conduct in the other forum, then explain your reasoning. All you're doing here is attacking Noel, and while others have said he is quite capable of defending himself, and he is, I think you should return to your "pre-engagement lines of control", i.e. just go back to your own turf.
  by SooLineRob

Messrs NHRHTA1 and OrmsTower,

Your posts in this forum are nothing more than "stirring the pot"; devoid of substance.

Your comments will be dismissed as such.
  by CannaScrews

It would be very interesting to see who are members of NHRHTA who post here as well.

Count me in as 1

BTW - we were forced to supply e-mail addresses to the other forum so we could be identified.

So I don't thing Franklin's Tower has to identify herself if he doesn't want to.

Roll away the dew ,
You'd better roll away the dew - roll away.
  by Jeff Smith

And again, the topic is about the NHRHTA, and those posts are on point, and explain why Noel won't post there anymore. You've posted what he's said on here; we already know that. Has he indicated who you are in any fashion? His posts have been vague, without names, so that only those with direct knowledge could possibly divine who you are, which, if I were you, I'd be embarassed. Noel signs his posts.

You, however, have quite possibly, by coming over here and responding, not with your side, but with Noel's, exposed yourself. You haven't done anything to rebut Noel's allegations, but instead repeated them. Methinks you would not have passed law school, or debate class, or even forum etiquette. You started with an ad hominem attack and still have not posted anything to add to the NHRHTA discussion except the fact that you are offended by Noel's posts without actually rebutting them.

I hope you are a man of your word, and you "have said all" you "need to say".
  by Noel Weaver

The only thing that I will add to this is that some of the NHRHTA people do not like is the TRUTH. The TRUTH hurts and I
know the truth.
I got a nasty e-mail from one of them a couple of days ago too, it does not even warrant an answer.
Noel Weaver
  by Otto Vondrak

OrmsTower wrote:If we desire to knock off the middle school nonsense then the administrators of this forum should inform Mr. Weaver that his inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic remarks are not welcome here.
Mr. Bass, I know Noel Weaver. I do not know you. So far you've made a crummy impression on me and other members here. I suggest you attempt a different approach when entering our forum for the first time.

I'm not sure what we will accomplish with further exploration of this topic. It's clear there are some people unhappy with the NHRHTA. Let's please move on to some more productive conversation, shall we?

-otto-
  by Otto Vondrak

Mike Roque and I reviewed this thread after we got a few complaints. Aside from going off topic and discussing whatever personal or professional differences that may or may not have happened in the past, there's nothing in here than runs afoul of our rules and regulations.

However:

No matter what your strong feelings are for/against the NHRHTA, your grievances are best taken directly to the officers of that organization. If you wouldn't say it to them to their face, in person, don't write it here. Furthermore, I'm sure they appreciate us talking about their organization about as much as I enjoy it when RAILROAD.NET become a hot topic over there. So once again, I make my request that we all please move on to something more productive.

I've spent enough time with this already, and Canna will understand that I have to go meet up with a maidel mit a klaidel.

-otto-