• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by MEC407

Great catch, and nice video!
  by MEC407

I guess our question about ditch lights has been answered.
  by RAJ21985

Thank you for the video RRFAN- great job! I have family in Whitefield, so I have given them the friendly heads up on the lease engine! It's nice to see activity on that line again.
  by Semaphore Sam

Given the superciliousness of the above missives, I, reluctantly, must conclude that NH mainline rail is, deader than a door-nail. Sad Sack Sam
  by RRFAN

RAJ21985 wrote:Thank you for the video RRFAN- great job! I have family in Whitefield, so I have given them the friendly heads up on the lease engine! It's nice to see activity on that line again.
Thanks! I really appreciate it! :-D
  by RRFAN

Semaphore Sam wrote:Given the superciliousness of the above missives, I, reluctantly, must conclude that NH mainline rail is, deader than a door-nail. Sad Sack Sam
SLR seems to be the main line of the north country. NS and PAR take over the bottom of NH.
  by NHV 669

Dead as day-to-day ops, in a sense. SLR has two online businesses, (one seasonal, and Presby's only as needed) and a meet. Otherwise, NH is just flyover country. NS' coal trains are only as needed, and PAR isn't exactly suffocating the state with trains across the map.

The Hobo/NEGS/whatever PAR musters in Concord on the White Mt. Division is all you've got for a somewhat top to bottom service, and you best have good timing to see anything.
  by NHV 669

Braved the fresh rain and snow the last few days to check out ops up north. As previously noted by RRFAN, the RoW has been brush-cut from Dunks in Whitefield (near the old MEC/B&M diamond) to at least the Bethlehem/Littleton town line. The track hasn't been this visible in years. The recently stored tanks are visible from 3/116, as is the snow fence marking what I presume is the end of "in service" track to keep trespassers out. Headed north, I stopped at the junction with the SLR, where ST/MEC 52 sat idling away with a spacer and 24 mixed LPG/Crude tanks in tow. Heading to HQ, I spotted a Hyrail (most likely G&W again, they always seem to be working this stretch) just after the tracks cross under Rt. 3. Three tanks were spotted on the siding in the village. Headed up to the shop, the yard was chock full of tanks, with no sign of 7324 (under cover, I assume). A short string of tanks sat north of the shop on the storage track.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by bm1838

I think were forgetting the NHN in the Eastern Portion of NH which I can personally say we have hauled over 6000cars this year. More transload business may be developed in the coming year.

Any news if NHCR is running 1-1 or 1-2?

Thanks
Cory
  by RRFAN

Saw 52 with some tankers next to where the mill use to be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.