• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by bigfreight

52 just came thru Lancaster headed south with 1 boxcar and 21 Tank cars all have SHPX reporting mark on them.
  by bigfreight

52 came south this morning with 1 boxcar and 17 tank cars SHPX reporting marks. 52 came back north thru Lancaster at 200PM with one box car.
Last edited by bigfreight on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by p42thedowneaster

I wonder if the NHCR would ever consider leasing ex NHN 1757 from the 470 Club (if they had it running)? Might be a cool way to get the club some new project funds while getting a few more hours out of what still appears to be a half-decent loco.
  by ericofmaine

p42thedowneaster wrote:I wonder if the NHCR would ever consider leasing ex NHN 1757 from the 470 Club (if they had it running)? Might be a cool way to get the club some new project funds while getting a few more hours out of what still appears to be a half-decent loco.
Its running, just needs a brake pipe patched and a second set of ditch lights. Actually not sure if NHCR ever gets above 20 MPH to require ditch lights. They never approached us, however, so its moot. Perhaps they anticipated that the notch would be closed?
690 wrote:Wasn't that supposed to be gutted so they could fix up the 4266?
4268, yes. As of now, that is still the plan.

Eric
  by RRFAN

690 wrote:Wasn't that supposed to be gutted so they could fix up the 4266?
I don't think that will ever happen. They should just repaint the 4268 and keep it on display.
  by Dick H

I stand to be corrected, but I do not think the 1757 has even been started since it left
the NHN. It would likely have at least "teething" problems after sitting around all that
time. In addition, while the weather has been unusually mild for December, the NHCR
would not have been happy to be doing a lot of TLC and maybe more in below freezing
weather in the great outdoors in the "great North Woods, as TV9 calls the north country.
  by NHV 669

Dick H wrote:While the weather has been unusually mild for December, the NHCR
would not have been happy to be doing a lot of TLC and maybe more in below freezing
weather in the great outdoors in the "great North Woods, as TV9 calls the north country.
It would defeat the purpose of them leasing it in the first place. I doubt Ed and the gang have the man hours available, given how many tanks there are flying in and out of there, on top of whatever repair business is still occurring.

There's a reason all the signs up Rt. 3/110/116 proclaim the area "Grand Bois Du Nord"
  by bigfreight

52 just came thru Lancaster with one boxcar and 19 tank cars headed south thorough the "Grand Bois Du Nord" LOL
  by b&m 1566

Is the one box car used as a spacer? I assume the tank cars are of hazmat nature?
  by NHV 669

b&m 1566 wrote:Is the one box car used as a spacer? I assume the tank cars are of hazmat nature?
Given that they're propane/LNG cars, I'd believe so. This is from September, when they were returning from a drop on the SLR siding. I imagine they're using one that looks like this (ex-Berlin Mills).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MEC407

Great shot!