• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by NHV 669

RRFAN wrote:They do have cars stored probably 500ft in the wood from the ball signal.
I had seen some nearly that close a few years ago, before I knew of the current use of the remaining line, but nothing as of this winter/early spring. I remember being able to see them from the 116 crossing. Google Maps has the satellite shot (they're a ways off), but I don't believe it to be newer than 2012/early 13. Otherwise it would take a walk in the woods.
  by NHV 669

RRFAN wrote:yeah weren't they a huge line of oil cars heading into the woods?
Yes. and some of those white hoppers with blue lines I used to see on freights in WRJ or Biddeford
  by bigfreight

NHCR 7324 came south deadheading at 0800AM thru Lancaster. This is the first time they have run in a couple of months.
  by RRFAN

I went down to hazen this morning and NHCR picked up a couple of the cars in storage and park nexts to the runway.
  by bigfreight

NHCR 7324 came back north at 1000AM with 5 covered hoppers and 3 boxcars. the kitty slept thru it.
  by CN9634

Mr. Fritz Gerhardt has a picture of the NHCR from this past summer... I had known that the NHCR built an LPG transload facility but have no seen it. This picture is the closest there is... anyone have any pics?

http://fritz.rrpicturearchives.net/show ... id=3885430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting note the signal indication to enter the facility.
  by Dick H

I seem to remember that the NHCR line from
Groveton to Whitefield was not allowed to be
used for snowmobiles during the last winter.
Anyone know if the snowmobiles will be allowed
on the property this winter? Thanks.
PS. I do not own a snowmobile or have any
friends that do.
  by RRFAN

Dick H wrote:I seem to remember that the NHCR line from
Groveton to Whitefield was not allowed to be
used for snowmobiles during the last winter.
Anyone know if the snowmobiles will be allowed
on the property this winter? Thanks.
PS. I do not own a snowmobile or have any
friends that do.
I was driving up to Groveton from lancaster and I saw snow mobile markers on the tracks all the way into Groveton. I saw none at hazen though.
Last edited by RRFAN on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by RRFAN

But I haven't even seen snowmobiles on the tracks from Whitefield to littleton yet
  by newpylong

CN9634 wrote:Mr. Fritz Gerhardt has a picture of the NHCR from this past summer... I had known that the NHCR built an LPG transload facility but have no seen it. This picture is the closest there is... anyone have any pics?

http://fritz.rrpicturearchives.net/show ... id=3885430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting note the signal indication to enter the facility.
"As part of the safety program the New Hampshire Central entered into a joint partnership with Lockheed Martin to test a new switch point monitoring device at a switch in Shops Yard, where the repair facility is located. The device displays the position of the switch to the locomotive engineer using equipment installed on the 7324, a GP-9 locomotive, alerting the engineer if the switch if is improperly lined. This is an important technological advancement as the Railroad Safety Improvement Act of 2008 mandates that railroads which handle poisonous or toxic inhalation hazard commodities have to employ some form of switch point monitoring in non-signaled territory."

http://www.newhampshirecentralrailroad.com/photos.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;