• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by bigfreight

NHCR 7324 came south deadheading thru Lancaster at 900AM this morning.
  by bigfreight

7324 came north thru Lancaster at 1400 today with 24 cars out of storage. 8 Covered hoppers with ACFX markings, 1 tank car ACFX, 5 old SLR boxcars and 10 High Cube double door box cars with IATR markings.
  by RRFAN

Does anyone know what a kka-1000 machine is it for the railroad nexts to were the grovton paper mill used to be.
  by NHV 669

RRFAN wrote:Does anyone know what a kka-1000 machine is it for the railroad nexts to were the grovton paper mill used to be.
Portable, power-operated machine designed to adze the rail seat on ties to provide an even bearing surface for tie plates. - from the CSX rail dictionary
  by RRFAN

When is the next time NHCR comes back down to hazen they haven't been down since they took most cars out of storage and they haven't delivered anything for presby and I seen a fallen tree's at hazen and behind the strawberry farm in grovton.
  by Reader#108

I was up in North Stratford last week. They were putting in the welded rail.

They had a ton of oil cars up at the shop and down the storage track.

Could be a while before they come back to Hazens.
  by RJDC85

Where is welded rail being placed- North Stratford? Will be in Whitefield at the end of the month- may have a chance to check the area out.
  by NHV 669

RJDC85 wrote:Where is welded rail being placed- North Stratford? Will be in Whitefield at the end of the month- may have a chance to check the area out.
I recall seeing plenty of rail lying alongside the track last fall on a few trips up to the North Woods, north of the Jct. With the SLR at N. Stratford. Having taken 116/3/110 to railfan the SLR this spring, I don't remember seeing any extra rail lying on the stretch between Lancaster and Groveton
  by RJDC85

Thanks NHV 669 (loved that old engine by the way). I figured the new rail would be laid in North Stratford, but you never know.

Anything else moving/happening on the line?
  by RJDC85

Did a visit to the area this past weekend- did not see any cars stored out at Hazens/Whitefield.

The only cars I noticed/saw were three hoppers by the old railroad station in Groveton.
  by NHV 669

RJDC85 wrote:Did a visit to the area this past weekend- did not see any cars stored out at Hazens/Whitefield.

The only cars I noticed/saw were three hoppers by the old railroad station in Groveton.
what about all those red boxes along percy rd? they'd been there since last year.... Then again, if you took solely route 3, you wouldn't have seen them
  by RJDC85

Is Percy Road in Lancaster? If so, yes I did see the typical stored box cars there.
  by NHV 669

No, its the road that goes behind the old mill out towards Stark/110 (becoming Bell Hill Rd.) parallelling the SLR east in spots. I thought it was mentioned that a good chunk of lancaster cars were gone, I couldn't really see them on my nightly trips in the spring