• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by RRFAN

Well I could tell NHCR been on the plan for a while because a couple of years a go I was coming back from Dalton and they were parked next's to the loconia Bank with double door boxcars and the next day they were gone. they were doing something.
  by CPF363

thebigham wrote:VRS operating freight from St Johnsbury to Portland!!
The Mountain Division for through freight service simply will never happen. MEC/Guilford/Springfield Terminal/Pan Am owns each of the ends of the line and they have the ability to erect paper barriers to keeping the through freight off of the line. The western end of the line to Whitefield might, and "might" is in quotes because it is a very long shot, could be used together with the Groveton Branch to be a connecting line between the VTR Lyndonville Subdivision/Conn River line in St. Johnsbury and the SLR in Groveton. That would be dependent on whether Pan Am would allow such a service though. When one looks at the Mountain Division, surprisingly, it is largely still all in tact. Too bad that is not true for the old Northern Line between Concord and White River Jct. as that would be logical through route for Boston to Montreal Amtrak service.
  by RRFAN

RRFAN wrote:Also do you guys know about how the railroad crossing on route 115B fell over.
they now have a new crossing sign.
  by RRFAN

Does any one know where Bangor & aroostook no. 21 went on the new Hampshire Central railroad.
  by RRFAN

i just talked to my freind the snow mobile club taking the tracks out from littiton NH to whitefield NH they havent even asked the state yet and the said they wanted to take them out in twin mountain witch they can because they are used for conway scenic railroad railway fan weekend and they are used for them to get locomotives.
  by Dick H

Any snowmobier that thinks the state of NH is going
to lift the rails on the former Maine Central Mountain
Division between the NH/ME state line and the
Connecticut River Bridge at the VT state line will
find out that the chances of that happening are
nill, nada, no way. The state might lift the rails
from Whitefield to Littleton, but the MEC Mountain
Division will be kept intact.

While prospects are slim that the MEC line will ever
become a through route again, never say never.
  by NHV 669

RRFAN wrote:i just talked to my freind the snow mobile club taking the tracks out from littiton NH to whitefield NH they havent even asked the state yet and the said they wanted to take them out in twin mountain witch they can because they are used for conway scenic railroad railway fan weekend and they are used for them to get locomotives.
Only a fool would try to think they could get the tracks torn up in Twin Mt./Carroll. Those are active, albeit infrequently used tracks, and are the CSRR's only active line to the outside world
  by RRFAN

NHV 669 wrote:
RRFAN wrote:i just talked to my freind the snow mobile club taking the tracks out from littiton NH to whitefield NH they havent even asked the state yet and the said they wanted to take them out in twin mountain witch they can because they are used for conway scenic railroad railway fan weekend and they are used for them to get locomotives.
Only a fool would try to think they could get the tracks torn up in Twin Mt./Carroll. Those are active, albeit infrequently used tracks, and are the CSRR's only active line to the outside world
i meant CANT take the tracks up i was a hurry but snowmobiles can not use them because there historic and Conway uses them if the snowmobile club haven't ask the state yet there not a chance for snowmobiles to take them out.
  by RRFAN

I also search the web to the snowmobile clubs page and there is nothing said about them taking them up. If you look on New Hampshire centrals page the map shows they have rights to go on to the Litton tracks but just have to wait and see what happen ends in the near future.
  by NHV 669

RRFAN wrote:I also search the web to the snowmobile clubs page and there is nothing said about them taking them up. If you look on New Hampshire centrals page the map shows they have rights to go on to the Litton tracks but just have to wait and see what happen ends in the near future.
i remember seeing a link on here somewhere when I first joined about Whitefield Selectmen's Meeting minutes (possibly from as far back as 2012) discussing removal of the tracks from the village to the Bethlehem town line. If that ever goes through, seeing as how the last three lighted crossings before Hazens are gone and forgotten, I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the line was thrown in as a package deal. The town line to the end of the tracks isn't more than 5-6 miles, and I believe most of the crossings have already been paved over from Whitefield south

Re:

by FLRailFan1

coosvalley wrote:Here's a shot of her at Hazens, picking up cars from CSRR

Beautiful paint job but it needs some pinstripping.