• New BCL Plauderville Station

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Roadgeek Adam

My first trip to Plauderville since the opening of the high-level platform. Photos to show off:

Dedication plaque.

Eastbound platform facing Garfield-bound. This shot is near the end of the platform overhang.

Eastbound train stops at the platform (the 1:53 to Hoboken). The new electronic signage is standing and looks great as usual. (Why do certain stations have capital letters and some have the mix? Kind of unusual.)

A personal first for me, I didn't get more shots of the train due to the sun coming out and me being unable to see the train. This is 4139 entering the station. My father standing behind me was wondering why there was a train moving slowly up the tracks. When it was about to cross Outwater Lane, I saw 4139 and called out Aqua Train to my father behind me. Was great to see it, since I had never seen it in person before.

Finally, some new signage installed since my last trip here. Not so impressive, but it came out well.

I also want to note, there was across Outwater Lane was the road/trackside memorial for the kid hit by a train in Garfield the other night. Didn't get a photo of it though. The station looks great, nice to see the TVM cleaned off (if that is the same one) since it had some graffiti on it. Sucks to see the old platform go (the former NJ Transit/NJDOT brown sign is gone.) Nice job NJ Transit. Just to finish this post off:

May 16, 2010 (early work in place):

That July 2010 (forgot the date), progress on overheads being made:

February 21, 2011 (snow-covered, missing some electrical work (and the displays), but new signage up):

October 15, 2011 (completed product):

Once more, nice work. I've been happy to come 4 times to Plauderville to see this work in progress. The station looks like the future of NJ Transit, and I'm hoping it has use for many years to come.
  by waldwickrailfan

Roadgeek, nice photos. i was planning on going there sometime soon.
  by BlockLine_4111

Today at Plauderville it looked like #1271 was late when it should have been already up at Radburn and #59 blew around it (moving at a good clip) using track #2. I rarely see "power-passing" being performed on the BCL. Can anyone confirm if this was indeed what I saw today at about 6:35pm.