• Hurricane Irene

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by scotty269

Patrick Boylan wrote:Do we now have any explanation for why SEPTA left 2 trains at Trenton?
It's now been more than a week. I'm sure there's hardly anybody who believes that leaving equipment in flood prone Trenton was a good idea.
2 sets of IVs
1 bomber set
  by Matthew Mitchell

Patrick Boylan wrote:Do we now have any explanation for why SEPTA left 2 trains at Trenton? It's now been more than a week.
It's also been the last week of August and a holiday weekend. There will be follow-up.
  by bystander

Post deleted. Between the spelling and grammatical errors ,it was simply too difficult to understand. Please try again. -ed
  by AlexC

Full service to resume on Tuesday on the Trenton Line.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/129273568.html
  by bystander

Do they have TV with the weather Channel? they could have saved those trains in Trenton. (Better?)
  by R3toNEC

bystander wrote:Do they have TV with the weather Channel? they could have saved those trains in Trenton. (Better?)
No. This is not clear at all. Are you referring to The Weather Channel? That's a proper noun and the first letter of each word in the proper-noun phrase should be capitalized. Also, who is the "they" in your sentence? I have no idea who the subject (doer) of the sentence is. This post makes no sense to me whatsoever. I can't tell what the question is, to whom the question is directed, etc.
  by R3 Passenger

AlexC wrote:Full service to resume on Tuesday on the Trenton Line.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/129273568.html
Does this mean that trains 7408 and 9745 are not cancelled and the bomber set has been repaired?
  by Patrick Boylan

R3toNEC wrote:
bystander wrote:Do they have TV with the weather Channel? they could have saved those trains in Trenton. (Better?)
No. This is not clear at all. Are you referring to The Weather Channel? That's a proper noun and the first letter of each word in the proper-noun phrase should be capitalized. Also, who is the "they" in your sentence? I have no idea who the subject (doer) of the sentence is. This post makes no sense to me whatsoever. I can't tell what the question is, to whom the question is directed, etc.
I don't remember exactly the way the post looked the first time, but I got the impression the writer meant to say something along the lines of 'did SEPTA think to check the weather report before leaving trains at Trenton'. I got the same impression from bystander's rewrite.

Although 'they' could be ambiguous, I thought he meant it to mean 'those who would have been in authority to have done something', ie SEPTA.
  by Silverliner II

scotty269 wrote: 2 sets of IVs
1 bomber set
Wasn't it 3 sets of IV's? I heard mention was made about a train parked on #5 in the pocket at Ham. A total of 8 or 10 MU's, and the Bomber set, to be exact....
  by Ken S.

Silverliner II wrote:
1 bomber set
Wasn't it 3 sets of IV's? I heard mention was made about a train parked on #5 in the pocket at Ham. A total of 8 or 10 MU's, and the Bomber set, to be exact....
9 MUs and the Bomber set were left in Trenton. A 2 car and 3 car set were left on the platform and a 4 car set was left north/east of the station.
  by scotty269

Silverliner II wrote:
1 bomber set
Yeah, I was just referring to the ones left at the station proper. How badly did HAM flood? Just as bad?
  by Clearfield

There was a hurricane?
  by Silverliner II

scotty269 wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:
1 bomber set
Yeah, I was just referring to the ones left at the station proper. How badly did HAM flood? Just as bad?
Yeah, HAM was under a few feet of water too...
  by Jtgshu

I was down there for the first time the other day, and I don't believe Ham flooded, or if it did, it wasn't nearly as deep as Trenton - Ham is on a hill (upward going east) and the top of the hill is at the old Millham tower). Its a slight hill, but a hill never the less.

If the Septa trains were parked on track 5 at Ham or better yet, east of ham on track 5, they probably would have been just fine. And even if there was water there, it would have gotten their wheels wet adn thats about it.

In Trenton station its easy to see how deep the water got, all the vegitation on side of the cut on the walls is dead from where the water was. It looks like it went even a lil higher than that, but where the water sat and laid for the longest time is where there is nothing left.

The signals and switches were working at Ham the other day, but not at Fair. Although I saw on NJ.com that Septa is back running into Trenton today. I wonder if they got the switches and signals back at Fair or if they are just turning all the trains at Ham?

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/0 ... n_res.html