• Heads up: Freightliner Class 70s on Q382 - 1/22

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Kilgore Trout

If they have a bright red stripe along the lower portion, those are destined for Metro-North in Connecticut.
  by scharnhorst

Kilgore Trout wrote:If they have a bright red stripe along the lower portion, those are destined for Metro-North in Connecticut.
ah you might want to look at the 4th posting in this trend the link provided has a photo and it is of an Export Locomotive bound for Europe!
  by Chrisgr

The bright red stripes, is referring to the commuter cars on Q380 that wurlitzer153 posted, not the Freightliner engines.
  by wurlitzer153

Yes, I've been using this thread as a general "heads up" announcement thread. It may be a good idea to rename in order to reflect this.
  by Tadman

Talk about a face only a mother could love.

As for Erie, they may have international shipping (other than Canada) but it's likely to be bulk such as coal or ore, if anything. I say this because Erie no longer produces enough capital goods to send a goods-carrying ship into their port, and or maintain large enough cranes to hoist locomotives aboard a ship.
  by ctclark1

A little before 4am this morning, I caught a westbound on the CSX mainline in Bergen running what looked to be a National Guard (or maybe even Army, I suppose - it was too dark to see any markings, besides one medical van I noticed with the red cross) equipment move... But I'm guessing by the time anyone sees this they'll be out of the state or at their destination.
  by wurlitzer153

In case anybody is interested, I saw a pair of old (graffiti, etc.) Metro-North cars on flatcars westbound this morning. They were near the front of a mixed freight waiting at CP 171 for Collinwood. I wouldn't be surprised if there's more being shipped out.
  by wurlitzer153

Another set of new Metro-Norths on the back end of Q380-03. Through Madison, OH at 9:30 PM.