• GMTX GP38 #2081 in Pond?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Uncle Cheapo

Gmtx 2199 is on the way. Ex CSX engine.
  by SwingMan

http://www.thedieselshop.us/GMTX.HTML

"8104, Class EF-20, was built in February 1973, #72627-65, FN 72627-65. It became Conrail 8104, Class GP38-2, in April 1976 and became CSX 2739, Class GP38-2. It was sold to General American Transportation Co as GMTX 2199 in 2012."
  by Crabman1130

Too bad they didn't send an ex LIRR unit.
  by mikey cruz

Thanks for the heads up Cheapo!
  by ChessieDave

Is it still in its CSX paint scheme. Havent been able to find any pictures of it on the internet.
  by SlackControl

I saw the 2081 sandwiched between two NYAR GP38s this evening heading west through Jamaica just before 11PM. I happened to notice it just as it was passing through the station, which sort of caught me off guard, thus I didn't get a good look at which GPs they were. Plus I was just excited to see three big engines coupled up pulling a pretty long train. From what I've noticed, the trend is for the same crew to use the same engines later on to bring the eastbound back to Pineaire, which usually follows train 2002 (The 1:12AM Penn to Ronkonkoma). Will this consist of engines be used overnight or early morning while out there, or will they layover until the evening trip back west after the evening rush? Just curious. I'd like to catch these three units together going through...this time with my video camera.
  by RRJS3

The RS50 crew calls on at Pineaire and makes a round trip west to Pond, so the "RS51" runs before the "RS50". No switching is done in either direction, it's pretty much a shuttle run between the two crew bases. Once back at Pineaire, the train sits out the morning rush, and then becomes the RS60, which makes a round trip east switching out customers up to Riverhead. Variations to this operation can and do happen pretty frequently, but this is the basic pattern.
  by Clear Of BH

RRJS3 wrote:The RS50 crew calls on at Pineaire and makes a round trip west to Pond, so the "RS51" runs before the "RS50". No switching is done in either direction, it's pretty much a shuttle run between the two crew bases. Once back at Pineaire, the train sits out the morning rush, and then becomes the RS60, which makes a round trip east switching out customers up to Riverhead. Variations to this operation can and do happen pretty frequently, but this is the basic pattern.
Very close. The RS50/51 does do occasional switching. I've seen them in the north track in Hicksville picking up a cut of cars numerous times along with hearing them on the radio as they switch Southern Container in Deer Park.
  by emfinite

RS100 went east yesterday through Jamaica around 645pm. 261/2081/268 with a train for Brookhaven and coastal.
  by Uncle Cheapo

2199 is in Selkirk, probably arriving Saturday.
  by AlKaLI

Thanks emfinite. I was lucky to catch the RS100 at Farmingdale on Sunday night at 8 PM. The three GP lashup picked up about 12 loads from Coastal and dropped off a like number of MTs.
  by DogBert

Any word on how soon 2081 will ship out after the 'new' gp shows up?
  by Clear Of BH

That horn's definitely getting knocked off too.