• Gel trains to start Sunday 10-12-2008

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by BuddSilverliner269

Hello everyone, last Sunday Septa did a test run of all the gel trains to make sure everything is working as intended. The Gel trains are set to start running this Sunday night 10-12-2008. The West Chester Railroad diesel is on the move as I write this to Wayne Electric to help out this fall again. I hope that they Gel more then they did last fall. Last fall they only gelled near the end when it was really bad out. A few years ago when they decided to wash and gel all the time was fabulous. It really cut down on delays and trains were able to maintain track speed. Get your cameras ready everyone.I may be out there as well :-D
  by Clearfield

Glad to hear that SEPTA is turning over a new leaf...............
  by BuddSilverliner269

Clearfield wrote:Glad to hear that SEPTA is turning over a new leaf...............
Hahahaahaha :-D
  by scotty269

WCRR Locomotive spotted at Wayne Electric. Also, from what I saw, one of the MoW trains (possibly two gel trains?) has 622 on the end, the other with 615 on the end.

#622 F7A Built November 1950
#615 FA-1 built April 1949
  by scotty269

per the "trentonline" yahoo group,

The rail cleaning train made its nightly visit (Wednesday) to West
Trenton as scheduled, arriving shortly before the departure of the 11
p.m. SEPTA train to Philadelphia.

Tonight, there was a treat on the train. In addition to 622, the
pushing engine was WEST CHESTER 1803, a GP18 I believe. VERY COOL!

After West Trenton, the train to head to Doylestown via Jenkintown.

Wonder if there is a problem with the switcher that typically is on the
rail cleaning train.
An ALCO RS-3 on one end and a EMD F7A on the other, which should make for some interesting pictures!
  by scotty269

TheOneCalledA1 wrote:per the "trentonline" yahoo group,

rail cleaning train.
An ALCO RS-3 on one end and a EMD F7A on the other, which should make for some interesting pictures!
It seems as if my prayers have been answered!

http://www.trainweb.org/phillynrhs/RPOTD081017.html

by BuddSilverliner269

SWEET!!!!! Hey John Almedia, if you post on here or at least read these postings. Thanks for everything. We all do appreciate these :-D
  by scotty269

If only that F unit was in a heritage paint scheme.

:(
  by redarrow5591

Hell, if 1803 didn't break down, those shots would've never happened!!!!

Mr. Alamedia, excellent catch.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, why did 1803 break down?
  by KAWASAKI-FAN100

TheOneCalledA1 wrote:
TheOneCalledA1 wrote:per the "trentonline" yahoo group,

rail cleaning train.
It seems as if my prayers have been answered!

http://www.trainweb.org/phillynrhs/RPOTD081017.html

Looks like someone forgot their safety vest on 622.
  by scotty269

The horn of 1803 is quite noticeably different than the Silverliners. It was refreshing to hear new from the Red Lion Rd crossing last night.
  by BuddSilverliner269

TheOneCalledA1 wrote:The horn of 1803 is quite noticeably different than the Silverliners. It was refreshing to hear new from the Red Lion Rd crossing last night.
Hey A1, your not kidding. It does have a nice horn. Even though I never worked the gel trains, I did ride one that very engine in gel service 1 night on my night off and it was nice to ride an Alco on a main line railroad although at a slower speed, but refreshing none the less :-D