• Gel trains to start Sunday 10-12-2008

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by trainspot

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:
trainspot wrote:Here's 1803-622 back in service Friday night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-N6WszmWDk
Nice catch. Thanks for posting pal :-D
You welcome. I was hoping for the horn at the station, but just a little bell! It comes every night like clockwork, after the 11PM local out of W. Trenton, unless there's a freight in the picture.
  by BuddSilverliner269

You are correct. All of the Gel trains run on the same schedule. Septa has it worked out like clockwork
  by scotty269

The gel, IMHO, looks like somebody splooged all over the rail.
  by path580

Would anyone know if this train does the R8 fox chase line, and if so approx. what time would it be between cheltenham and fox chase...I'll try to get some vid at the oxford ave. grade crossing...thank in advance.
  by BuddSilverliner269

path580 wrote:Would anyone know if this train does the R8 fox chase line, and if so approx. what time would it be between cheltenham and fox chase...I'll try to get some vid at the oxford ave. grade crossing...thank in advance.
Hi Path, if I remember from last year the gel train that went to Norristown would go to Fox Chase 1st. I believe it would leave Wayne Electric between 8-9pm and head right to Fox Chase. I will try to ask around for you but try to look for it during the week and see if it shows up around 9-10
  by scotty269

As per John Almeida on October 22nd...
Rail washer 1 SEPTA 61, tank car 1506, flat car 2106 and cab 615

Start 10:00?
Norristown?
Chestnut Hill East 02:00
Warminster 03:00
Wayne Electric 04:00?

Rail washer 2 WCRR 1803, tank car 1507, flat car 2107 and SEPTA cab 622

West Trenton 11:05
Lansdale 01:40
Doylestown 02:25
Lansdale 03:05
  by BuddSilverliner269

TheOneCalledA1 wrote:As per John Almeida on October 22nd...
Rail washer 1 SEPTA 61, tank car 1506, flat car 2106 and cab 615

Norristown?
Chestnut Hill East 02:00
Warminster 03:00

Rail washer 2 WCRR 1803, tank car 1507, flat car 2107 and SEPTA cab 622

West Trenton 11:05
Lansdale 01:40
Doylestown 02:25
Lansdale 03:05
Notice theres alot of question marks from John Almedia so you cant really rely on this as a reference. I know for a fact that the gel train makes a visit to Fox Chase and I dont see it on his visit.I use to get held up every night following the train up to Newtown Jct when I was running a train to West Trenton when the gel train turned off at Newtown to go to Fox Chase.I just cant remember what time the visit to Fox Chase is made. I cant remember if it goes to Fox Chase 1st and then Norristown or vice versa.Every job I worked at Septa seems to mix match in my head.Grrrr
  by scotty269

I was just using that as an initial reference. Obviously, it doesn't take 4 hours to go from Wayne - Norristown - Hill East.
  by BuddSilverliner269

TheOneCalledA1 wrote:I was just using that as an initial reference. Obviously, it doesn't take 4 hours to go from Wayne - Norristown - Hill East.
Hey ya never know with the junk for diesels they have and the many problems they been having lately with them , that anything is possible.The more Im thinking about it, the gel train goes to Norristown 1st and then to Fox Chase. Im thinking they do that later on because its a single track and Im thinking they wait till the r8 service is done for the night.... I will try to get an answer tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Hey A1 have I ever let ya down?????Dont answer that :wink:
  by scotty269

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:
TheOneCalledA1 wrote:I was just using that as an initial reference. Obviously, it doesn't take 4 hours to go from Wayne - Norristown - Hill East.
Hey ya never know with the junk for diesels they have and the many problems they been having lately with them , that anything is possible.The more Im thinking about it, the gel train goes to Norristown 1st and then to Fox Chase. Im thinking they do that later on because its a single track and Im thinking they wait till the r8 service is done for the night.... I will try to get an answer tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Hey A1 have I ever let ya down?????Dont answer that :wink:
Haha, the question is have I ever let YOU down? Especially with me catching Amtrak #833...
  by path580

I just like to thank everyone for their effort, if I have the time tommorrow I think I'll do a little camping along the line.
I'll let you all know what I find if anything...Thanks again
I hope this is not a violation to the forum rules, but here is the link to my flickr acct.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gsgphotos/
  by add2718

About the gel train on the Fox Chase line: I think last year it came in around 9:15 PM.
  by wagz

The FA-1 615 powered gel train arrives at Fox Chase around 9:05 PM. It departs immediately behind the 9:20 Silverliner. I apprehended it at Fox Chase about a month ago for some photos. It ran on the same schedule last year as well, also with 615.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4527 ... dr2uc3.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6651 ... caltl5.jpg

That light from the top right right kind of ruined the first photo. It wasn't there, or not on last year when I did them same thing. Of course, this year, I lucked out by having some Budds sitting next to it. I'll also add that I find it very disturbing that SEPTA installed LED marker lights and a digital bell on 615.