• Following the Last Smurf (MEC 511)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by BandA

So, "the Last Smurf" has the old aircraft-style lettering on one side, and the old meatball logo on the other? Did one side get tagged & have to be repainted?
  by MEC407

No, it was painted that way from the beginning.
  by jaymac

Assuming accurate transmission, accurate reception, and accurate note-taking at 0528/07-01-2015, 511 was the leader on POED working Fitchburg.
  by eustis22

511 was the second unit in Lawrence yesterday.
  by jaymac

SoleSurvivingSmurf 511 was led by OldPaint 317 and NewBlue 337 and trailed by NewBlues 601 and 518 west of the OOS Pleasant Street OHB as POED held on 2 in Gardner before and presumably after 0700/10-02-2015 for 22K and EDPO.
  by johnpbarlow

Smurf captured in the gloom of Friday Oct 9, 2015 as middle unit of oddball EDPO power set at Groton-Harvard Rd in Ayer.

Is there a Smurfette somewhere?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by jaymac

SoleSurvivingSmurf 511 was about midpoint of a 10-unit AYED consist hold in East Fitchburg at 0645/11-16-2015
  by jaymac

SoleSurviving Smurf 511 had been seen by atholrail as the middle unit of the 11-17-2015 EDAY and was the middle unit of the 11-18 AYED.
  by downeaster

Caught 511 as middle unit of three at Waterville this noon, pointed East. Thinking headed for Bangor as there were many MT center beams in the mix. Could not stay around. Later at Bangor the lights near Bog road showed RED, something was East bound ? Of more interest was the third unit in the mix was 52 with 374 as lead unit. Will try to get to Bangor tomorrow to see if I can catch them before they head West again.
  by MEC407

Video by MaineRailFanner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzWqRInflQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by markhb

511 is currently parked directly on the Broadway overpass in South Portland. I grabbed a pic I will post later.
  by markhb

Photo, as promised:
  by CN9634

Take this picture again tomorrow and it'll be a very different scene (and not because the unit will be gone... at least I hope it is by then!)
  by MEC407

Gotta love the "Guilford Fail System" loco... :wink:

(I'm surprised a "Pan Am Failways" loco hasn't appeared yet)
  by hh660

Pan Am 511 was heading west at 9:00am, past the Mountain Branch with WAPO.
S