• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by eville1982

I was curious if anyone knew if they tried to send everyone from the same location to REDI at the same time? Or do they just send one at a time here and there?
  by ferrell

Anyone know what the holdup is for bridge mechanic classes at redi? Been awaiting start date for 5 months!!!!! Out of cincy. Ohio
  by sam7

Does any one have any tips on learning the CONRAIL aspects and there indications?....along with the best way to also learn the CONRAIL dwarf signals and
there indications also?
  by JDM864

sam7 wrote:Does any one have any tips on learning the CONRAIL aspects and there indications?....along with the best way to also learn the CONRAIL dwarf signals and
there indications also?
Flashcards!

If you are staying at Crestine, the FedEx copy center can make them for you for a reasonable price.
  by Jbeale73

Well I got my email for class on the 19th. Looks like I'm gonna be on 1st shift
  by samtheman

what are the meals like at the redi center? are there places near the hotels to eat? do the hotels have resturants? do you just get an extra 20 dollars a day (140 a week) to spend on the food of your choice or do you need to eat there?

do they give you smoke breaks? I know i can't smoke (dip) on bus to place but after i get there i'm gonna need something to get thru the morning.

how long is the bus ride? do you eat breakfast in your room or at the center?

sorry about all the questions but i thought it would be better to ask them all at the same time.
  by Jbeale73

I start redi on the 19th. I'll be on 1st shift. Was wondering if you get breakfast and lunch at the school or what?
  by pswag115

sam7 wrote:Does any one have any tips on learning the CONRAIL aspects and there indications?....along with the best way to also learn the CONRAIL dwarf signals and
there indications also?
Do you have an ios device? Free flashcard app "flashcards +" search for "redi" in app, its my conrail indications flashcards. Hotels are near food, per diem is in your check, 1st shift has breakfast and lunch, plenty of smoke breaks during class, bus rides are about 30 min.
  by ansoncat

Question for someone who has been to REDI recently. Do they have an orientation on the Sunday night before your class starts ? I talked to some guys that went through in 2008, and they said they had one on the Sunday night before they started class. Is this still true or have they changed it ?
  by mikec1973

Well heading to REDI for the march 26 start. conductor out of S Kearny nj. any one else starting that class?
  by Jbeale73

mikec1973 wrote:Well heading to REDI for the march 26 start. conductor out of S Kearny nj. any one else starting that class?

I've heard of a few others. I start the 19th so I'll be seeing ya there. I'm outta Evansville, IN.
  by pswag115

No meetings sun night, just be there for the bus monday (prob at 6am). Mikec1973, start to study Conrail signals day 1, they are a bear or look for the flashcards i posted above and start now.
  by ansoncat

Thanks pswag115.
  by Jbeale73

Well here goes day 1 at Redi
  by scaz23

hired out of evansville go to redi april 2nd