• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by southern sec. kid

Csx 4423 with seven through farmingdale around six. So much for "new" power haha we saw our fair share of 4423 for the last 2 years lol
  by Duff

southern sec. kid wrote:Csx 4423 with seven through farmingdale around six. So much for "new" power haha we saw our fair share of 4423 for the last 2 years lol
Swear I saw that train sitting in Lakehurst with loaded centerbeams around 5.
  by southern sec. kid

Just found this kind of odd how we were talking about njt 4423 on this thread and now csx 4423 is bringing freight again up the southern :P
  by napp11

was in lakehurst around 12:30. saw 4423 do its run around and then head to woodhaven long hood foward + 8. then caught them at 571 crossing, great sounding horn.
  by southern sec. kid

There is a ghost train on the southern right now in farmingdale, I hear the sound of an old steam train whistle and my friend in farmingdale that calls me when the train comes called me and said he heard an odd horn and my other friend that does the same thing said when he crossed main st. That there was a headlight and old horn. I want to go see what's up now
  by Kaback9

southern sec. kid wrote:There is a ghost train on the southern right now in farmingdale, I hear the sound of an old steam train whistle and my friend in farmingdale that calls me when the train comes called me and said he heard an odd horn and my other friend that does the same thing said when he crossed main st. That there was a headlight and old horn. I want to go see what's up now
ok.........
  by southern sec. kid

I doubt there was a head light someone around farmingdale problay got a new whistle there's a man on asbury rd who collects train horns. Brandon, don't consider me a total idoit after that last post :P I just put everything together and you would get a ghost train I didn't think anything of it in the beginning untill my jacka$$ friend said something about a headlight, he problay wanted me to ride my bike to farmingdale so I could see nothing which I've done before sorry for these long, frequent posts everybody!
  by Kaback9

southern sec. kid wrote:I doubt there was a head light someone around farmingdale problay got a new whistle there's a man on asbury rd who collects train horns. Brandon, don't consider me a total idoit after that last post :P I just put everything together and you would get a ghost train I didn't think anything of it in the beginning untill my jacka$$ friend said something about a headlight, he problay wanted me to ride my bike to farmingdale so I could see nothing which I've done before sorry for these long, frequent posts everybody!
Don't worry about :-D
  by southern sec. kid

The switch in Lakewood is gone! Picked up? Stolen?
  by wolfboy8171981

southern sec. kid wrote:The switch in Lakewood is gone! Picked up? Stolen?
Maybe it was the ghost train.
  by Kaback9

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
PWND
  by southern sec. kid

Ya got me wolf haha I know the ghost train post was stupid and I'm ready to get ripped on for a while now haha but what do you guys think happened to the switch?
  by southern sec. kid

The ghost train is now boarding on track 2,Once again here I go with the frequent posts but I found out the guy on asbury did get an old PRR whistle I'll have to get a picture of it, it also sounds awesome
  by Tanker1497

This really makes no sense? Take it out and then take the time to lay it all out, just to move it some where's else? It's not like they don't know what it looked like? I am off today and going to go hunt it down.steve
wolfboy8171981 wrote:
  by Tanker1497

Tanker1497 wrote:This really makes no sense? Take it out and then take the time to lay it all out, just to move it some where's else? It's not like they don't know what it looked like? I am off today and going to go hunt it down.steve
wolfboy8171981 wrote:
The switch is right where its been since it left Lakehurst nothing more to report.