• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by OCtrainguy

I didn't get a chance to try to get out to Lakehurst this morning. Does anyone know if the train is tied down or if a re-crew brought the train back?
  by southern sec. kid

Think they payed over somewhere I was up till 4am doing 3 reasearch reports wich totally sucked but I didn't hear anything no horn or engine... I usually hear both wen they return late so keep your eyes open later for a return
  by southern sec. kid

Layed*
  by Pinewald Station

I wasn't at work in Toms River today so didn't get over to Lakehurst to seeif they tied down there.......
  by southern sec. kid

tHey went back around 5 through farmingdale
  by David

southern sec. kid wrote:Layed*

Laid?--lol
  by NJ Vike

There is quite a lot of posts in this area but as much as I enjoy RRs, I can't read through all these messages.
My question is there still a train that comes down to Lakehurst? I see some tracks have been removed.

Thanks
  by Jtgshu

NJ Vike wrote:There is quite a lot of posts in this area but as much as I enjoy RRs, I can't read through all these messages.
My question is there still a train that comes down to Lakehurst? I see some tracks have been removed.

Thanks
Oh come on, its only 255 pages worth! hahahahaha This has to be one of the largest threads on RR.net!

But yes, there is, they run around the train in Lakehurst. The switch that was removed was on the Toms River Industrail Track, which has not been used in a few years now. It looks like that swith that was removed will be installed in Lakewood area eventaully, which is a good thing. The track has had its in service part cut back a few feet (the pictures with the stop signs) but really that was just used for parking the locomotives, so its no real big loss, and one less Xing to worry about. It will be interesting to see if they replace the rails where they took out the switch on the TRIT when they put the switch in up at Lakewood.....

Little visible progress has been made this year on the re-activation/rebuilding of the line from Lakehurst to Woodmansie, maybe its more behind the scenes stuff going on, but nothing out on the railroad that I noticed, and I was down there last week wandering around checking things out.

so thats it in a nutshell!
  by southern sec. kid

Yes laid haha I was using my itouch and was being lazy :P
  by southern sec. kid

sombody on my bus that lives near the Apollo Diner said a warehouse burnt down? she wasnt sure what one and it was near the tracks. Could it have been the old Poly One building? 84 Lumber? mabye even collingswood. After school ill check it out
  by Jtgshu

It was a storage place near 33/34 Treasure Island storage I think maybe is the name?
  by southern sec. kid

That's the name
  by GSC

A fire in a self-storage warehouse should prove to be an insurance nightmare, a bunch of people with so many different things stored there. An inventory nightmare.
  by Jtgshu

SA31 was heading down the coast line should be around red bank by now starting to head down the southern.........
  by NY&LB

Didn't see the train but heard him blowing for the Pinebrook Road crossing as I left work today at 4:50 PM.