• CP Rail Holiday Train Schedule

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by switcher3051

Hope people listen this year. CP put up plastic snow fencing at Binghamton Yard last year for the train. The rt 7 side is still pretty much intact from the storms. Thanks for the update. Hope I can make Delanson this year.
  by hazmatmess

I'm going to be in Sidney the weekend of the 26 & 27 for a hunting trip. Notice the train stops at Binghamton at 9pm and is due in Oneonta at 120pm the next day. Guessing it'll be laid up for the night in Binghamton? If so, what time is it expected to leave Binghamton? Trying to get a good idea what time to leave the cabin and take the trip to be at the crossing in Sidney.

Thanks
Tim
  by switcher3051

A flyer on the nearby food market only stated the time for arrival and start of festivities. I won't be back in Binghamtom until Thanksgiving but will ask my friends to see if they can find out. The CP website doesn't give a departure time.
  by switcher3051

I asked some of my fellow volunteers and was told that the train may leave Binghamton at 1030-1100 that morning to be in Oneonta at 1320. He wasn't 100% sure but it's his best guess. Hope this helps.
switcher
  by Otto Vondrak

All the official information is posted on CP's web site:

http://www.cpr.ca/en/in-your-community/ ... es/us.aspx
Friday, November 25

New York

Rouses Point – 10:30 p.m., Rouses Point Station

Saturday, November 26

Pennsylvania

Scranton – 5:45 p.m., Steamtown Railroad Museum, Lackawanna Ave

New York

Binghamton – 9:00 p.m., CP East Binghamton Rail Yard, Conklin Ave

Sunday, November 27

New York

Oneonta – 1:20 p.m., Gas Avenue Railroad Crossing
Cobleskill – 3:45 p.m., Cobleskill Fire Department, 610 Main Street
Delanson – 5:30 p.m., Main Street Railroad Crossing
Schenectady – 7:00 p.m., 1910 Maxon Road Extension
Saratoga Springs – 9:05 p.m., Amtrak Station

Monday, November 28

New York

Fort Edward – 12:35 p.m., Amtrak Station
Whitehall – 2:20 p.m., Amtrak Station
Ticonderoga – 3:50 p.m., Pell's Crossing, Amtrak Waiting Area, Route 74 (Fort Ti Road)
Port Henry – 5:35 p.m., Amtrak Station, West side stop
Plattsburgh – 8:00 p.m., Amtrak Station
  by scottychaos

The CP website says:
"Times indicate train arrival – show starts approximately 10 minutes after arrival"

What is the "show"?
and for Binghamton, I assume people will be able to drive and park in the East Binghamton yard?
is that correct?

thanks,
Scot
  by Otto Vondrak

scottychaos wrote:The CP website says:
"Times indicate train arrival – show starts approximately 10 minutes after arrival"

What is the "show"?
Hi Scot,

On the CP web site I linked to above, when I clicked on "Holiday Train" it states: "At each event, the Holiday Train provides a box car stage, a line up of great musical talents and a corporate contribution to the local food bank. The community, in turn, is encouraged to donate food and funds, all of which stays in the community."

http://www.cpr.ca/en/in-your-community/ ... fault.aspx

It's usually some goofy country music singer you've never heard of. When I click on "Entertainers" it reveals:

Entertainers

Click below to see the entertainer bios:

Valdy (Canada)
Willy Porter (U.S.)
Brothers Dube (Canada - East)
Tracey Brown (Canada - West)
Sydney Grigg (U.S.)

Hope this helps.

-otto-
  by traingeek8223

We at the ALCO Historical and Technical Society are excited to be hosting the train this year at the ALCO Heritage Museum in Schenectady. The location has offically changed to our site at 1910 Maxon rd. from the normal location at the grade crossing. We will be opening our doors at 5:30 p.m. so every one can see our progress in building our museum. Admission is free so stop in and see us when you come see the train. We have a large open area next to the tracks for good veiws of the train which should prove much more convient than the crossing ever was.

Matt Giardino
Vice President
ALCO Historical & Technical Society