• Commuter Rail Delay Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by sery2831

The CAT engine itself did not fail, something in the wiring of the HEP system on the unit did.
  by tvachon

Did we lose another loco tonight? 435 had a bad enough problem that 437 rescued the passengers and 435 is dead in the water (or so it seems) at Concord or west towards west concord.

It's fouling the whole line judging from the alerts so I don't think she is moving taking out a track from service.

Anyone know what was on point? I seriously hope it's not another deadline addition, winter is already going to be rough with the current lineup.
  by BostonUrbEx

BostonUrbEx wrote:There was a suspicious package on a Forge Park / 495 train earlier. Inbound was finally released 85+ minutes late, and a few delays cascaded from the incident.
And it happened again! This AM, 708 was held up or eventually canceled for a suspicious package.
  by sery2831

tvachon wrote:Did we lose another loco tonight? 435 had a bad enough problem that 437 rescued the passengers and 435 is dead in the water (or so it seems) at Concord or west towards west concord.

It's fouling the whole line judging from the alerts so I don't think she is moving taking out a track from service.

Anyone know what was on point? I seriously hope it's not another deadline addition, winter is already going to be rough with the current lineup.
1008 was the problem tonight, that engine has been spending a lot more time at BET than on the road.
  by GP40MC1118

Yep, the 1008 and another crankcase issue...

D
  by sery2831

It has a history with this happening as of late. Probably nothing serious, just trying to find the bug.
  by tvachon

sery2831 wrote:It has a history with this happening as of late. Probably nothing serious, just trying to find the bug.
Well that's all good, but here is hoping she doesn't have issues because it's too cold soon and the NIMBY's won't allow idling, yet they want perfect online service...
  by BostonUrbEx

A power failure at South Station crashed the signal system (apparently for the Worcester Line only). Trains delayed 30 minutes, currently. Unsure if power is restored yet, or if they're working to reboot.
  by jaymac

At 0638/11-26-2013 and before its scheduled 0655 departure, 410 radioed its crew that it was having power trouble, and Mechanical said it was on the way. Dunno how it played out.
  by Komarovsky

BostonUrbEx wrote:A power failure at South Station crashed the signal system (apparently for the Worcester Line only). Trains delayed 30 minutes, currently. Unsure if power is restored yet, or if they're working to reboot.
Day 2 of signal failures on the Worcester line, P582 cancelled outright because of it and trains delayed half an hour to 45 minutes.
  by Diverging Route

Creative, if nothing else:

Providence/Stoughton Line Train 820 (3:40 pm from Wickford Junction) delayed today due to holiday. 10-15 min delay.
  by MBTA1016

Diverging Route wrote:..............................

Providence/Stoughton Line Train 820 (3:40 pm from Wickford Junction) delayed today due to holiday. 10-15 min delay.
That's a new one for sure lol
  by wicked

Probably was crowded with people trying to get to Green.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Diverging Route wrote:..............................

heavy ridership and dealing with the regular and xtra Amtrak's...tough to sneak out of Wickford Jct. if there isn't a window...then PVD, then Attleboro
  by jaymac

No idea how it played out, but a bit after 0600/12-02-2013, an already-late-to-the-platform 406 with 1120 was involved in a number of conversations with and/or about Boston West, D-3, and Mechanical about the inability to make more than 3 MPH WB and draw more than 300 A. The 406 crew told both Boston West and D-3 that Mechanical stated the problem was account slippery rail. I might have been just in the wrong place, but there were no other audible conversations for instructions with 406, 408, 410, or 412, which was at the platform at 0714 with long-time buds 1006 (W) and 1001. A few minutes later and easter, the layover was MT, so where 1120 and cars were is beyond my knowledge base.