• Comet I's Officially Retired?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by sullivan1985

blockline4180 wrote:6 or 7 car with 5131
The 5131 is trailing a 6-car consist with 4212 on the west end.

Rockland Runner & Changing Ends, and just for fun: Yard Engine

Also, the 5107 was in the engine house in Hoboken last night. There is also a 7-car consist from Suffern, but I'm not sure what cab is on it.
Last edited by sullivan1985 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by blockline4180

Amazing pictures as always, thanks!!!
  by nick11a

Neat shots Sully!
  by TDowling

1882/3 was a solid 6-car Comet I set with cab car 5115 tonight.
  by blockline4180

TDowling wrote:1882/3 was a solid 6-car Comet I set with cab car 5115 tonight.

5115???? Haven't seen that cab car in several months.
  by nick11a

Palindrome!
  by Grump

Kaback9 wrote:I don't work for NJT but I will say that when I pass MMC on the way to NYP I see lots of cars just sitting there, and I think about that every time I wait for a train that does not come at Rahway when trying to get to PJ or return to Matawan.
It may look like "lots of cars" but its a drop in a bucket compared to the overall fleet. Passenger cars just like locomotive have to undergo periodic maintenance at FRA mandated intervals in addition to running repairs...

Back on topic, theres a Comet I cab and a Comet IB at the west end of Morrisville Yard.....
  by blockline4180

sullivan1985 wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:5115???? Haven't seen that cab car in several months.
A Dying Breed

5115 is currently with 5 coaches and 4032.

Yes they are..... Hopefully we have until Thanksgiving to ride or photograph these things out of Hoboken... If not, I'll have to go to Southeast Pennsylvania.
  by MACTRAXX

Everyone: Have the Comet 1b's left NJT for Montreal yet? How many Comet 1's does NJT have left at this point-I will say that they are the late 80s rebuilt type strictly? Thanks in advance-MACTRAXX
  by CNJGeep

Yes.
I dunno? Three sets mayhap
Yes, all Comet Is left are of the rebuilt type. As a matter of fact, they were all rebuilt in the '80s, some just didn't get high doors.
  by TrainDuNord

One consist of Comet Ib's will be put in service next Monday morning on the Montreal-St.Hilaire line. I don't know if it will be pulled by one of NJT's F40 or GP40, or by one of AMT's F59PHI.
  by blockline4180

TrainDuNord wrote:Here is one of your Comet Ib, with one of AMT's Comet II yesterday, at the St.Basile station, south-east of Montreal:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellergraham/2901021049/

Damn, they didnt waste any time putting those in service!