• CMTS QUESTION

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by b372_xt04

DOWN HERE IN DA DERTY SOUTH WE'RE STILL WORKIN' WIT TCS......
Is pickelin' and gooey done completely different on CMTS?

by UPRR engineer

GUI is GUI as far as i know. CMTS just gives you a menu of choices, vs. TCS where you have to know what to type to bring stuff up. Getting paid is easier using CMTS. More reporting, but it pays you right now.

by UPRR engineer

Another fact you might not know, TCS came from the MP, GUI from the SP.

by powerpro69

I still struggle with the GUI, but I do manage to get it done, like most things, it was never really taught, they did have a couple of classes over at Uereka(sp) but i was in Palestine at the time and they have never redone them.

by UPRR engineer

Dont feel bad, i dont think anyone does it right... work done by another train to all... and im done.
At least thats what my conductors all say as they laugh before walking away from the computer.

by Burner

ATCS GUI is the same as you have now.

CMTS is okay... you can put in timeslips, bid on jobs, check bulletins and timeslips and such from home... basically almost anything you can do from CMTS Standing in the crew room can be done from home. It is still a buggy system and they dont have the kinks worked out of it yet. Half of my timeslips from last half showed that i worked for free until the end of the half then they magically appeared... No it wasnt a situation where timekeeping had to review them... they showed 0.00 0 miles and on duty time of 00:00.

And if you like the TIMEOUT text messages start saying farewell... CMTS doesnt have such a beast and the TCS Crew boards will be frozen...

You still run all your paperwork and check for updates in TCS tho... have to run both systems at the same time.

The worst part is once you have been bumped or cut off they dont call you anymore... You get a message before you can log into CMTS.
  by EW-SETT

getting better at it.............when stuck, i call the GUI helpdesk and they giude you thru it............really helpful...........they say ATCS GUI is more user-friendy..........or u can always pickle!!!!!

by powerpro69

CMTS is okay... you can put in timeslips, bid on jobs, check bulletins and timeslips and such from home...
I have been trying all morning how to put bids in from home, whats the process?

by b372_xt04

Power....been trying all morning how to put bids in from home, whats the process?[/quote]

ASSUMING YOU ALREADY KNOW THE BULLETIN# OR SPECIFIC BOARD YOU WANT TO GO TO .......Call cms, option 16, press 2 for the southern region, press 2 for the southern bid recorder then follow the instructions. Wait about 15 minuetes, then you can go to your personal status and go to the cms inquireies drop-down menu, select "NEW TURNS", put in the circ7 & board ID, and that should give you the details of your request. Sometimes it takes awile for your bid to show up, if it takes more than 24 hours I'd call back and leave another message.

by UPRR engineer

powerpro69 wrote:
CMTS is okay... you can put in timeslips, bid on jobs, check bulletins and timeslips and such from home...
I have been trying all morning how to put bids in from home, whats the process?
Its tricky alright. If ya still cant get it head to the yard office, log on and call the help desk old buddy.

by powerpro69

Thanks guys I know the phone method, but now they've gota new message that says, if your in one of the new CMTS zones, to bid on bulletins, do it from a computer

by UPRR engineer

CMTS desk people will help you out.

by b372_xt04

Sorry power....thought you were asking about the phone procedure.

I heard Houston wont be switched over to CMTS untill this summer, so If you're at home, the phone is the only way to bid.

by rwallace2fan1

powerpro69 wrote:Thanks guys I know the phone method, but now they've gota new message that says, if your in one of the new CMTS zones, to bid on bulletins, do it from a computer
click on bid maintenance, and put the bid in......circ-7 board crew(any), and position..(con, br1) for road jobs, use con for turns, and br1 for x-tra board. then click update.

You can go directly to the bottom of the screen where it shows bids, and type multiple bids in at once and then update.

by powerpro69

LOL, the phone it is then :-D