• Cape Flyer

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by The ViRoCo

Clean Cab wrote:Only 15 passengers on last night's (7/4/14) train back to Boston.
Hopefully those 600 people from Thursday would be coming back on Sunday's northbound.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Were there any washouts or submerged track in the storm? As of the wee hours this morning Fairhaven was leading the state with 8 total inches of rain, but the storm at that point still had much longer to go at near- full strength on the Cape and Islands than anywhere on the mainland. Barnstable and Yarmouth had some severe building flooding overnight when the storm drains near the downtown areas could no longer keep up.
  by The ViRoCo

Here are today's passenger counts for the southbound "Keolis" CapeFLYER.
Boston: 143 on with 11 bikes
Braintree: 13 on with 1 bike
Middleborough: 5 on with no bikes
  by Clean Cab

I did not hear the count for this morning (7/5/14), but the evening train had 75 passengers out of Hyannis.
  by MetroBostonRailways

Clean Cab wrote:I did not hear the count for this morning (7/5/14), but the evening train had 75 passengers out of Hyannis.
I was on the morning train, a ton of people got on but i dont know the exact number, id say one hundred twenty something
  by The ViRoCo

MetroBostonRailways wrote:
Clean Cab wrote:I did not hear the count for this morning (7/5/14), but the evening train had 75 passengers out of Hyannis.
I was on the morning train, a ton of people got on but i dont know the exact number, id say one hundred twenty something
I posted this morning's count a couple posts ago up until MBoro. :-D
  by MetroBostonRailways

The units for this weekend are 010 leading south and 1028 leading north blocking 1722
  by The ViRoCo

Here is this morning's passenger count for the Mass Bay... uh... Keolis CapeFLYER:
Boston: 73 on with 5 bikes
Braintree: 12 on with no bikes
Middleborough: 9 on with 1 bike
Wareham: 1 on, 0 off. No bikes
Didn't catch Buzzards Bay today. Hopefully tonight's train will be much much better.
  by Clean Cab

This evening's Cape Flyer had 510 passengers out of Hyannis and picked up another 113 at Buzzard's Bay. A rough estimate for the 4 day weekend is over1300 passengers.
  by Backshophoss

Not bad for a storm fouled holiday weekend. :-)
  by GP40MC1118

The actual counts for the return trip were:
Hyannis - 510 w/27 bikes
Buzzards B - 113 on, 1 off, 13 bikes on
Wareham - 8 on
Middleboro - 21 off
Braintree - 27 off
Boston - 582 with 40 bikes.

D
  by highgreen215

I can confirm 8 on at Wareham and a train that looked like it was really loaded with passengers. But it arrived at Wareham 20 minutes behind schedule - and that's enough to put people off who are waiting for it to arrive. What caused the delay?
  by Safetee

A pretty small sailboat held up the bridge.
  by Clean Cab

highgreen215 wrote:I can confirm 8 on at Wareham and a train that looked like it was really loaded with passengers. But it arrived at Wareham 20 minutes behind schedule - and that's enough to put people off who are waiting for it to arrive. What caused the delay?

The train was delayed almost 20 minutes out of Hyannis due to waiting for connecting busses that were delayed by heavy traffic.
  by highgreen215

The ViRoCo wrote:
Clean Cab wrote:Only 15 passengers on last night's (7/4/14) train back to Boston.
Hopefully those 600 people from Thursday would be coming back on Sunday's northbound.
Congratulations ViRoCo, your prediction was right on the money.

Sounds to me like those delays for bus connections due to traffic conditions Sunday nights could be a regular happening. Maybe they should note that in the Flyer schedule.