• Any GP15-1's still alive?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by MSchwiebert

Saw one working Walbridge yard (former C&O yard just outside of Toledo OH) earlier this week switching a cut of auto racks. They occasionally serve as power for locals and yard jobs up here in Toledo, but former L&N, SBD and Conrail GP38-2's are much more frequent for those assignments.
  by Tadman

Chicago is full of them. CSX has them on the New Rock and Barr, and UP has them anywhere you find slow moving trains: yards, terminals, out on loan at NS... If you want to see a neat operation with GP15's, check out the Chicago Heights Terminal and Transfer - UP-owned (via MP/C&EI) and they use MP15's and GP15's all day long.
  by Steve F45

One was sitting on the Chemical Coast in Port Newark yesterday 4/4/10.
  by x1sspic

Q621 has one (1548) on the St. Lawrence Subdivision. Being dropped off at Massena Yard.

Scott
  by lvrr325

I thought I saw one going up, I forget what time it was but it was late. Or early.