• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by DutchRailnut

When trespassing on railroad there is no innocent bystander, its always a law breaker, now can we get back to ACS-64's ???
  by ExCon90

Were you able to see whether it had 2 Viewliners and a baggage car on the rear? If it did it was probably 19; they've been using ACS-64's on LD trains via Washington.
  by 4400Washboard

Today @ the sunnyside yards i saw 2 sprinters. What were the car #s? Where is 602 now? Roaming the rails or cooped up somewhere on a repair track?
  by Matt Johnson

ThirdRail7 wrote:They got lucky. They really need to close that area around the knuckle. It is a glaring oversight. Anyay, 607 is headed to HAR today.
Do you mean the opening that allows lateral movement of the coupler? How could that be closed?
  by ACeInTheHole

ThirdRail.. Usual routine with #607 and the Boston round trip running near train #2158 timingwise etc.?
  by jackintosh11

ExCon90 wrote:Were you able to see whether it had 2 Viewliners and a baggage car on the rear? If it did it was probably 19; they've been using ACS-64's on LD trains via Washington.
No, just saw amfleet IIs. The rest was behind a building.
  by lirr42

Just a quick question, and forgive me if it is off topic, but what would the procedure be at this point if another agency (i.e. a commuter railroad) would want to order ACS-64's? Would it still be possible for another agency to add-on to the order, and if so, how would something like that work?
  by DutchRailnut

You call Siemens, ask for salesman, and start negotiating a deal.
  by jackintosh11

lirr42 wrote:Just a quick question, and forgive me if it is off topic, but what would the procedure be at this point if another agency (i.e. a commuter railroad) would want to order ACS-64's? Would it still be possible for another agency to add-on to the order, and if so, how would something like that work?
I'd be surprised if it wasn't. The AEM-7s and HHP-8s were both built for commuter railroads also. NJT used the E60s. They could probably express interest now so that the production line stays open. However, I'd say that it's more likely that they would buy ALP-46s, unless they got a better offer from Siemens.
  by lirr42

Would Bombardier still make ALP-46's? (I know they would make anything if the price is right, but practically speaking).

More specifically, what could we expect SEPTA and MARC, who currently have AEM's/HHP's now, to express an intest in purchasing in the next few years? ACS-64's? ALP-46's? Or just more MU's/diesels?
  by jackintosh11

lirr42 wrote:Would Bombardier still make ALP-46's? (I know they would make anything if the price is right, but practically speaking).

More specifically, what could we expect SEPTA and MARC, who currently have AEM's/HHP's now, to express an intest in purchasing in the next few years? ACS-64's? ALP-46's? Or just more MU's/diesels?
SEPTA buying diesels for passenger service?! I'd love to see that happen.
  by lirr42

I thought "respectively" was implied. SEPTA would order more MU's and MARC more diesels. But that doesn't answer the question asked.
  by DutchRailnut

sure it did, make sure to scan coupon before purchase..
  by hi55us

DutchRailnut wrote:sure it did, make sure to scan coupon before purchase..
Never pay the sticker price!