• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ACeInTheHole

ThirdRail7 wrote:For the those looking for the 604, it is going on another test run tomorrow WAS-NYP-WAS.

For those of you that have the capabilities, look at the latest entry on the 605. That's why you haven't seen it in a week.
Timing information please on 604s run? I got them all except the 604. Id like to fix that.
  by Erie Limited

Here is a shot of today's return run with 606, again at North Elizabeth:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/erielimit ... otostream/

A closer look at 606:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/erielimit ... otostream/

I also haven't seen 604 yet, so if anyone has any info tomorrow I might be able to sneak back over to the NEC...

Rob
  by Darryl Rule

Here is my shot of 606 and the test train passing through Levittown, PA. Once again, I'd like to thanks those in the know for the information on the run today. I as well would be interested to hear when the return to DC would be tomorrow. I have to go into the office so I am sure the Northbound run is not an option.

Darryl
https://www.flickr.com/photos/32402529@N07/13954999810/
  by ThirdRail7

ACeInTheHole wrote: Timing information please on 604s run? I got them all except the 604. Id like to fix that.
Erie Limited wrote:
I also haven't seen 604 yet, so if anyone has any info tomorrow I might be able to sneak back over to the NEC...

Rob
Darryl Rule wrote:. I as well would be interested to hear when the return to DC would be tomorrow. I have to go into the office so I am sure the Northbound run is not an option.
Unless something changes, it should be on 56's yellow boards out of WAS. Upon arrival in NYP, it will turn and burn ASAP.
  by Train538

To clarify roster information, which locos have been accepted for revenue service and which locos are being tested as of today?
  by ThirdRail7

Train538 wrote:To clarify roster information, which locos have been accepted for revenue service and which locos are being tested as of today?
At the moment, 600, 601,602,603 and 605 have been accepted for revenue service and may operate on any train between WAS and NYP. They may not operate to BOS or HAR at this time.

The 604 and 606 received their shakedown runs and are awaiting acceptance.

The 607 is scheduled to begin shakedown runs on Tuesday.

The 608 is scheduled to begin shakedown runs a week from Tuesday.

I have no information on the 609. I've yet to lay eyes on it.

610 is in WIL undergoing modifications.

611 is still in Boston...unless it scooted out this weekend.
  by JR4815D2

Does anyone know if 606 went back to Wilmington after NTD? Just curious
  by ThirdRail7

JR4815D2 wrote:Does anyone know if 606 went back to Wilmington after NTD? Just curious

It went to WAS with the rest of the NTD stuff. The ACELA set went back to NYP.
  by Toaster718

ThirdRail7 wrote:
JR4815D2 wrote:Does anyone know if 606 went back to Wilmington after NTD? Just curious

It went to WAS with the rest of the NTD stuff. The ACELA set went back to NYP.[/quote Thirdrail did u mean the 606 went back to Wilmington?
  by Darryl Rule

I took my dad over to Bristol today so he could see his first ACS-64, and instead Amtrak was nice enough to put quite possibly the worst looking AEM-7 #924 on the point of train 159. Oh well, maybe next time! I saw a test run was mentioned for Tuesday. Same deal as the last test run as far as what trains it will follow? As always any info is greatly appreciated from those in the know!

Darryl
  by ThirdRail7

Darryl Rule wrote:I took my dad over to Bristol today so he could see his first ACS-64, and instead Amtrak was nice enough to put quite possibly the worst looking AEM-7 #924 on the point of train 159. Oh well, maybe next time! I saw a test run was mentioned for Tuesday. Same deal as the last test run as far as what trains it will follow? As always any info is greatly appreciated from those in the know!

Darryl
924 is a workhorse. Only the 904 works harder, which explains why that one looks like it has been on fire. As for the test, it follows the same basic pattern of the other routine shakedown runs that litter this thread.

The extra run of the 604 notwithstanding, of course.
  by ThirdRail7

Toaster718 wrote:ThirdRail7 did the 606 go back to Wilmington?
As previously indicated, it went to WAS...and it is supposedly still there.
  by Toaster718

Yes that is correct ThirdRail7. The 606 is in Ivy City and the 605 is there.