• ALP-45DP's - Usage and Delivery

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by morris&essex4ever

Any idea when they'll be put into revenue service?
  by ACeInTheHole

Jtgshu wrote:
TDowling wrote:Well, according to NJT's capital projects page, 35 of them are to be delivered by the end of this year.
I can see that happening, NJT already has 7 or 8 of them on the property.
Which ones are on the property? Like what numbers aside from 4500, 4501 and 4503
  by ns3010

beanbag wrote:
Jtgshu wrote:
TDowling wrote:Well, according to NJT's capital projects page, 35 of them are to be delivered by the end of this year.
I can see that happening, NJT already has 7 or 8 of them on the property.
Which ones are on the property? Like what numbers aside from 4500, 4501 and 4503
4504 (I saw a photo of this unit at the Port of Hamburg back in November, so it would definitely be on property by now. Unfortunately, I can't remember where the photo was)

And, assuming that they were delivered in order (which is not necessarily guaranteed), 4505-somwhere around 4507. I have no inside connections, so I can't be sure, but it's probably something like that...
  by ACeInTheHole

I also saw that photo of 4504..
  by Uzi-Cat

Train 808 will have one on the hind end early February and 855 should have it on the point at night. That will be the first one in service from what I have been told. Crews are being trained on them now.
  by ACeInTheHole

Oh wow 855 is gonna have it? That will be such an easy catch for me schedulewise... Finally a train with something worth seeing rather than ALP46 after ALP46
  by ApproachMedium

LOL funny how a year ago everyone was all nutso about seeing the ALP46As on the trains, now its 46 after 46... I still miss my meatballs!
  by ACeInTheHole

I think it was the novelty of seeing the 46As as each respective unit entered revenue service.. But yeah now that theyre all here nothing to see really, my first time seeing 4664 was last April/May for crying out loud, im with you in the meatball camp Approach! Nothing quite like the sound they used to make.
  by Uzi-Cat

Correction, not 855 but 1009 instead. 4 car set instead of the 6 car set. I have no idea what that set does mid-day but it might have a middle trip.
  by TDowling

If they are soon to be in service, would a schedule change that includes the diesel runs to NYP be too far off?
  by OportRailfan

They are not going to NYP anytime soon. You'll see them on the Hoboken side first.
  by morris&essex4ever

The FDNY issue needs to be cleared up before they can go to NYP.
  by ACeInTheHole

Uzi-Cat wrote:Correction, not 855 but 1009 instead. 4 car set instead of the 6 car set. I have no idea what that set does mid-day but it might have a middle trip.
Its practically the same time, unfortunately it goes up the montclair line.. Ill have to go out of my way to get it if i want to see it now.. -____-
  by blockline4180

Why unfortunately??? I would rather hear this thing in diesel mode rather then electric for most of the trip!
  by ACeInTheHole

Haha blockline i completely agree with you i meant that in the sense of on the M@E it would come right to me (hometown-millburn) whereas now that itll be going up the montclair line id have to go chase it in newark or something.. Id take a diesel over an electric any day of the week trust me.. But overall i just want to see one of these beasts in action regardless of what mode its running