• Alco power swap in Batavia.

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Nathan M3

These rumors kill me. First the 1044 was ruined with a EMD transplant, now a Caterpillar?

Rest easy folks, when I opened the hood doors on the 1044 this morning it had a genuine ALCo 6-251 in there. No oddball powerplants to be seen.

2035 is in the engine house at Lockport and will be put in service soon. 1044 will be put in service when our mechanical force can get to it.

by Nathan M3

1044 is now in the Batavia roundhouse. See post on GVT forum.

by WNYP431

Brother, you mean JUST in the house, too.....

by scottychaos

Did 2035 replace one of the Lockport engines?
and did the replacee go back to Scranton?
if so, which one? 1802 or 1804?

thanks,
Scot

by pablo

Happy New Year's to all of you Alco loving GVT people.

Dave Becker

by Farmer Joe

Did 2035 replace one of the Lockport engines?
and did the replacee go back to Scranton?
if so, which one? 1802 or 1804?

Scott,

The GVT guys here will be able to answer this better, but the 2035 is in Lockport. Med-Train posted a pic of a Santa Train with the 2035, so its here. The 1802 is still around as well. I saw her on the December 26th local thru Medina.

As far as the 1801 and the 1804, the GVT guys need to tell you what's up.

Joe

Link to Med-Train's post & Pics......

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45927

by WNYP431

2035 has replaced the 1804 in Lockport, and has pushed the 1802 backstage for a while to have her nails done. 1804 will be going to Scranton at some point.

1044 has arrived and is in the process of relieving the 1801, affectionately known as "stinky" here in Batavia. 1801 to Scranton too, probably, but maybe with a return ticket.

Roundhouse in Batavia now has heat, light, and an inspection pit, with new track built into the barn by GVT crews. The future here looks very bright, and I'm proud to say that I am part of it. This is a tight-knit bunch that takes pride in our company and what we are accomplishing - the best group I have yet been associated with.

Only good things are on their way here.

by Nathan M3

Thursday Jan. 3rd. was first day of work for the 1044 at Batavia. Runs good, pulls good, much better view of traffic. Should work out just fine here.

by thebigham

Good news!!

Thanks,

Chris
  by seldom

Nathan M3 & WYNP431,
Glad to here the new engine is working out in Batville. The 1801 was pretty tired. More than once going to the Lehigh from 406 to 402 with just4 cars going down hill we were lucky to hit 25 mph in the eigth notch. Before we even got to 25 most of the time we had to start slowing the witch down to make the turn off at 402. Do miss the job, will have to catch up to you one of these days.
Dick