• Who serves Prolerizer?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by skyraider0609

I was just looking at some recent satellite imagery of the Boston area (2011) and was surprised to see four gons spotted outside the Prolerizer metal recycling plant in Everett. What railroad delivers there now? Hasn't PAR disappeared from the Boston area completely? I remember going up that branch back in the late 80's and thought, like all Guilford customers from that era, that Prolerizer would not have seen rail service for years. I seem to recall also that it was Conrail maybe who serviced the cement plant on the way out there too.

I figure someone here will know. Thanks.
  by Trinnau

Both CSX and Pan Am serve Prolerizer.