Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Love Train

Well, whoever does, the T/O that drove my Bronx bound (D) train last Sunday proved you wrong.

I was going to the Yankees game. I got on the (D) train at West 4th St. It flew like a rocket on the 6th Avenue Dash, which made my day already. I was expecting a slow, timer filled express run from 59th to 125th. Boy was I dead wrong. This T/O FLOORED it! I was in the front car and I saw green signals all the way to 86th St. This T/O capitalized on them and I felt like I was on a rocket ship flying through outer space. Then at 86th St, we finally hit the timers. BUT this T/O still kept a good pace. We were cruising & the T/O slowed down only just before the timers. But his slowdowns were smooth and crisp, and the train didn't jerk violently like some T/Os do. We totally PWN3D a (C) train (we caught it at 125 St)

If this T/O posts on this board (the (D) train stopped at 47-50 Rockefeller Ctr at about 11:20), YOU ARE A GREAT T/O. Thank you for a great express run on CPW just like the way it used to be.

P.S. The "express" run from 125th to 145 (skipping 135) sucks. Too many interlockings and slow signals. The (C) train that we met at 125 left at the same time as us, and we arrived at 145 at the same time.

by Pelham

I work the A/D Lines alot but No I'm not the T/O your talking about. Now the Uptown Express you can go at a fast pace from 59 to 116 St. The timers clear at 40MPH but Downtown from 81 to 59 those are slower they clear safely around 25MPH. I personal going uptown keep the juice on until 96 St then let is coast some times with out taken any brake at all. I gotten many of complements from my C/R's.

by Love Train

Yeah, the ride back downtown after the game was far slower than uptown. We still beat a (C) train pretty good, though.