• When were the last LIRR diesels retired?

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Long island Joe

Image Fan Trip 1996

Image 272 and 171 Greenport 1987

by METSALLTHEWAY

why would that guy do that to the geeps

by Liquidcamphor

Why would what guy do what to the Geeps?

by emfinite

Camphor & Mets,

There were a few reasons why he did this. In the yard, the drill crew would get mad that he ran around a push-pull train, so to save a move to the turntable, he left the engine facing east so it was a quick runaround in the receiving yard. It sped things up and made everyone happy. It may also have been the need to run around without a wye, for a challenge, and most of all because it looked awesome!

Joe

by tushykushy

Oh yeah, the engineer on 2711 is a stellar guy. Isn't afraid to do some challenging stuff!

by badneighbor

stuff like those pictures is what this web site is all about.

by Long Island 7285

i have that same pic of 154 from the danbury fantrip. alos a shot at danbury of 622 ans some other pics.

by Mr GP10

does any one else have any photos of this trip? I forgot what units were on this train I see it has 3 MP-15ACs with the 622 on the other end. How many cars were used on this trip? PS does any one have any videos of this trip? Any help would be greatful. Thank You.

by R384149

not to go o/t but does anyone have any interior pictures of the P72s.

by Long Island 7285

yes i do, and there are plenty of them on line,

they in the later years looked similar to the M1's with similer seats, some were red, white and (black)i think? i also remember that the red and white seats had NYS exclusor state seel on them.

in there eairly years they had walk over seats witch lasted into the 80's

by R384149

Long Island 7285 wrote:yes i do, and there are plenty of them on line,

they in the later years looked similar to the M1's with similer seats, some were red, white and (black)i think? i also remember that the red and white seats had NYS exclusor state seel on them.

in there eairly years they had walk over seats witch lasted into the 80's
do you have link to the pix?