• What's to become of the Toledo Terminal south of Nasby?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Northwest727

With the TT "backside" now gone north of Vulcan, and the diamonds removed at Nasby circa 2006, what purpose does the backside south of Nasby to Gould now serve? The rails are rusty and there are no customers along the line. Does NS/CSX have any future intentions with it, or will it soon face the same fate as the rest of the backside of the TT-abandoned and torn out?
  by jimnorthwood

I believe the goal is to turn the right of way of the TT, from the recent abandonment point just south of Temperance Yard all the way to the Upper River Bridge (the rusty structure visible from the Ohio Turnpike), into a trail. After it closed the then mayor of Toledo talked, albeit briefly, of turning Nasby Tower into a railroad museum. I never heard addressed the issue of the public being allowed near the busy Water Level Route. My belief is that eventually the trail will come to fruition; the interesting part will be to see if the Upper River Bridge is incorporated into the trail.