• What's the latest on the C-1's ?

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by newkirk

Last I heard about those C-1 bilevels that were sold, they were resting at the Naugatuck RR in Connecticut.

Any new imformation of them ?
  by BMC

I know they left my yard (LIC Psgr. Yard) last spring. Great pictures taken by RFE who went with them over the Hellgate.

How do you attach photos to the posts? I have these and some Circus Train shots from LIC yard too.

by RPM2Night

I'm mad, I forgot that yesterday was the day the circus was arriving. I ended up going into work yesterday, which I was scheduled to be off but I switched because I need thursday off. Being at work from 11-8 didn't give me much time to see the train even if I did remember. What time did the train pull in anyway? And how long did it take for them to get the train parked and set up with the breaks in the right spots?

by jayrmli

The C1s may be going to Canada for use on one of the commuter agencies.

Sorry I can't provide more info than that, but that's what I heard from the current owner of them.

Jay

by newkirk

"The C1s may be going to Canada for use on one of the commuter agencies."

jayrmli,

Who could possible use them ? That railroad would have to be totally high level platformed.

by DutchRailnut

I seriously doubt it since the C1's can only load or unload at high level platforms. they have no trap doors.

by jayrmli

Just telling you what I heard from the current owner, Mid Atlantic Railcar. This is what I heard from him back in January. Please don't kill the messenger! :wink:

by UN Block

Jay,

Do we have an "official" date of sale to Mid Atlantic for the C1s? Also, does anyone know where on the Naugatuck the C1s are being stored? This is for inclusion in "The Roster."

And yes, I know I owe you an updated copy of "the roster!"

by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

They are stored up in Torrington. I helped the owner fence them in. They are on an old run around track.

by UN Block

Mike,

No sooner did I send that question as to where the C1s were located that I noticed that I already had that information in my roster notes. :-)

Thanks again!

by newkirk

"Just telling you what I heard from the current owner, Mid Atlantic Railcar. This is what I heard from him back in January. Please don't kill the messenger! "

jayrmli,

Sorry if it appeared I was yelling. I was just flabbergasted that some Canadian commuter RR would buy these ten of a kind rail cars. Add to this, they are high level platform dedicated too.

Bill "Newkirk"