• What happened to LBF?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by M630

Not sure if I just missed something but did LBF close down? Haven't seen ads for them for a while, the website is dead, etc...

by Otto Vondrak

A vendor today told me that LBF was having personal -and- personell problems, and hopes to recover soon. I don't have any other information.

-otto-

by CIOR

Isn't LBF a reincarnation of a previous failed company?!?
If that is true, I think most in the know aren't suprised at all, more so suprised by the length of time it took.

by Sir Ray

CIOR wrote:Isn't LBF a reincarnation of a previous failed company?!?
If that is true, I think most in the know aren't suprised at all, more so suprised by the length of time it took.
Well, they brought out E & C Shops I believe, although there may have been other companies involved too.

by CIOR

was just posted on atlasrr, that the owner or operator had a stroke.

MellowMike said-
Things are in disarray at LBF, according to a source. The man wo runs the company is recovering from a nasty stroke. Give them some time to regroup.

by stilson4283

That is what I heard as well. This would effect shipping at any small company. I own a few of there cars and I hope to see them start shipping again.

Chris

by Xplorer2000

That's a shame...I just bought one of their cars and was extremely pleased. I hope they get back on their feet.

by Xplorer2000

FYI.... their Website is back upand running, at least as of 2/9/05, for those wh are interested....