Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by braves

Have any of the West of Hudson cars entered service on the East of Hudson service, if they have, have the cars remained the same when they came over, does anyone have any pictures they have taken that they want to post up & what lines on they on.

by DutchRailnut

The cars are still stored in Highbridge Yard in Bronx, no plans I believe to put them in service.

by M1 9147

Wouldn't those cars that are in black stripe need repaint into the blue stripe besides the other work in order to be put back in service???

by Otto Vondrak

Paint doesn't pull trains, Neil. (repainting is not a requirement to get them back into service, is all I meant.)

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Nester

braves wrote:Have any of the West of Hudson cars entered service on the East of Hudson service, if they have, have the cars remained the same when they came over, does anyone have any pictures they have taken that they want to post up & what lines on they on.
I was under the impression that the WoH cars were at Highbridge for work (I vaguely recall someone mentioning brakes or brake lines.. I am not sure). Have the plans changed? Are these cars going to be placed in service "on the east side"?

Nester

by DutchRailnut

I reported that that work would be needed , Highbridge is not a repair shop however but an apearance maintenance facility, cleaning .
the cars are stored there because there is no room in Harmon.

by Nester

I guess I "mis-recalled" your message. In any event, I guess they will not be placed in East of Hudson service. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Nester

by metroduff

The plan is still to eventually put them into East of Hudson service. The question is when.

by Nester

Do you have any details on this plan? Are these coaches for additional service?

Nester

by DutchRailnut

Without extra engines there is no plan.