• West Jersey 79 caboose

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by caboose9

Hi,

There's a caboose at Pioneer Railcorp, Peoria, IL, marked as West Jersey 79. This caboose was PREX 10 before WJ 79 and coming to Illinois from New Jersey.

I think this was an ex-CNJ caboose, was it? If so, what was its CNJ number?

Thanks, Roger

by clamdigger

caboose9; I've been searching for the origin of this caboose also, albeit unsuccessfully.Undoubtedly you've seen the photo of WJrr#79 in John La Rue's "Northeastern Cabooses:Part2" featured here on Railroad.net.I didn't know that it had been moved to Illinois.I thought it gone to Pioneer rr corp.hdqtrs in Michigan,with the rest of the defunct West Jerset rr equipment,e,g., ex-Lamoille Valley RS3s. There is a tiny photo of what appears to be WJrr#79 on their home page,IIRC.Should you find its CNJ number,I hope you'll post it on this Forum page.Thanks
VJH

by caboose9

clamdigger wrote, "Northeastern Cabooses: Part2" featured here on Railroad.net.I didn't know that it had been moved to Illinois.I thought it gone to Pioneer rr corp.hdqtrs in Michigan."

Hi VJ,

How do I get to Northeastern Cabooses: Part I & Part II?

Pioneer Headquarters are in Peoria, IL, aren't they?

Cheers, Roger

by caboose9

VJ, I found the Northeastern Cabooses: Part 1 & Part 2 articles! Roger