• Welcome to the 21st. century!

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by jg greenwood

After several crews have received "unpaid vacations" for getting into Planned Work (GCOR Form-B) limits, the IC issued the following, effective January-13th.
Rule 1101. Display of Red Flag. Change the third sentence as follows:
Delete: EIC (employee in charge) must also display a red flag at the beginning of the limits when the Planned Work limits are not at an exact mile post, i.e. MP12.3

Add: EIC must display a red flag at the beginning of the Planned Work limits.

Needless to say, these limits were ALWAYS at an exact milepost thereby eliminating the need for the extra labor involved in driving a red board into the ground. Now, IMHO, it wouldn't have taken pressure from the BLE/UTU for me to enhance my own safety/well-being with the proper placement of these red-boards from the get-go! It's extremely easy to pass a yellow/red board and become distracted before the limits of the planned work begin two miles later. It's only common sense to place the red-board at the beginning of the limits as a safe-guard for both the MOW crews and us. Then again, we're talking about the IC here. :wink: