• Weekday Parking at West Falls Church Metro

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by afiggatt

What are the odds that there will be available parking spaces at the West Falls Church Metro station parking garage at around 7 to 7:30 AM on a Friday morning? The West Falls Church station has a 2000 car capacity parking garage, but I am not familiar enough with the station for weekday use to know whether I should expect the garage to be full or whether it should have some parking spaces still open. Thanks.
  by tommyboy6181

That garage from what I know with 2,009 spaces can fill up quickly. If possible, an option would be to use Vienna as they added a second garage a while back and now have 5,169 spots as well as additional surface parking. Dunn Loring between the 2 stations would probably be the worst option as that station has less spaces than either of the other 2 stations. East Falls Church is the worst option of any of the surface stations on that end of the line as it has less spaces than the other 3 stations.
  by SchuminWeb

Yeah, seconded on Vienna. There are usually always a few spaces available in the garages. I usually wouldn't even bother with the surface lots when I would park at Vienna, but I would almost always find a spot in one of the garages. Generally, speaking, the North Garage is in the better spot, but fills up first, but then there's usually always some space in the not-as-great-location-but-bigger South Garage.

Also don't forget that in both garages at Vienna and in West Falls Church, the guaranteed spaces on the upper levels don't open up until 10 AM. So even though they might be empty, you will get a ticket if you park there.
  by afiggatt

Thanks for the replies. I got to the West Falls Church station this morning shortly after 7 AM and there were plenty of open parking spaces available. The Vienna station was not really a good option for me, because of where I was coming from and the travel plans for the day. I was just a bit concerned that the West Falls Church daily parking would be full by the time I got to the station. With all the extra cost reserved parking spaces in the garage, the West Falls Church parking must start to fill up around 8 or 9 PM.
  by wmartin573

West Falls Church actually has a lot of parking. There is a large surface parking lot across the road owned by University of Virginia that accepts cash and is rarely full