• Washington Secondary Customers

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by washingtonsecondary

I'm sitting here looking at maps.google.com and I'm cruising along the washington secondary.

I notice that just east of washington yard and WEST of Nova there appears to be a customer that has 2 tracks. Is this an active customer? Never heard of anyone being switched in this area.

A few miles west of Washington there appears to be a grain silo with a siding, but this looks to be severed. When was this last served?

Finally, between the Hackettstown NJT station and "BILL", there appears to be a very old track that splits off the main and runs through the woods. Any ideas what this is? It looks like at one time it may have rejoined the main just west of "BILL"

by David

Are you speaking of the "Old Main" when you describe these businesses and their locations?

by Scrap The U34CH

What\where is BILL??

Thew factory east of Washington yard was Mobil I believe. They made plastic bags there. Closed about 5 years ago. The building was empty for a while but is occupied now but I don't know by who. I haven't seen any rail cars there since Mobil.

by washingtonsecondary

David wrote:Are you speaking of the "Old Main" when you describe these businesses and their locations?
Well for the one just east of Washington, it is the old main and the one west of the yard is on the old Phillipsburg Branch.

BILL is the property line between NJT and NS, its on a bridge just outside of Hackettstown.