• Walthers Flexi-Vans

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by NYC27

Walthers has pushed the due date for their HO Flexi-Van models out to 11/07. I read elsewhere that the models are being cancelled outright. Does anyone know what is going on?

by NYC-BKO

I had some ordered direct from them and my back order was never cancelled, I think they just pushed them back twice to keep their costs within reason for this year, plus I heard there was some problems with the design (rumor) but as long as they make them I can wait another year.

by Dieter

It's a model we thought we would never see. Patience, Lotus Blossom, PATIENCE.......

D/

by clehman

I recently received this reply to my inquiry to Walthers concerning the NYC Flexi-Van cars and containers:

"Hi Carl:

These have been dropped from the production schedule. This means they will not be available in the coming year.

Thanks for contacting Walthers with your inquiry. Let me know if you need additional information.

Bob Zoeller
Wm. K. Walthers, Inc."

It's a real shame that they announce a model, then cancel it before they produce it! Carl

by Otto Vondrak

Maybe not enough pre-orders to make the production worthwhile.

-otto-

by Dieter

That's too bad. I didn't pre-order, and I wanted to buy several Flexi-Van cars. I wonder how many other people out there are like me? I don't "Pre-Order" anything.

Dieter/

by Otto Vondrak

With Walthers, it's pre-orders from their dealers, not individuals.

-otto-

by Dieter

Ummmm, what about the e-mails I receive from these outfits urging me to reserve and order in advance? The dealers didn't get enough reservations from consumers?

Is the order killed on the entire Flexi-Van car, or just specific roads?

by NYC-BKO

They show a delivery date of November 2007 now, they're not dead just pushed back.

by Dieter

If it's pushed off again, anyone who wasn't already sounded off had better snap off a note to Walthers letting them know they're alive, interested and awaiting delivery at a nearby dealer.

D/

by bsamm

They are listed again in the walthers 2008 catalog. I have ordered them
in October 07 and they were back ordered. They are listing a Jan 08 date now so we will see.

by Ramcat

For anyone who may be interesred there were two versions of the Mark III Flexi-Van cars. All Mark III cars were for freight service.

NYC 504000-504024 had a dimension of 85'-8" over strikers

All others, NYC 504025 thru 504429 and 505969 thru 504999, had a dimension over strikers of 87'-5".

All cars had truck centers of 74'-8"

All cars had AAR E61 couplers with a horn clearance of 3-1/4" which resulted in a length over pulling faces of 88'-3" and 90'. respectively.
  by tomjohn

Pardon me, but I am slightly puzzled by the you tube video "Extreme Train surfer" .
My question is this what does the you tube video have in common with the topic at hand > The Walthers NYC HO Flexi-Van models .<

Tom

by Otto Vondrak

Tom- the link to the video is part of his signature...

-otto-