• VRE to be featured on The Discovery Channel

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by davinp

CEO Dale Zehner also announced at the Dec. board meeting that VRE will be featured in an upcoming Discovery
Channel program about “living green” in which the cameras follow a woman throughout her day. It includes footage of her commuting to work via VRE.

No details yet on what show it is or when it will air. If anybody knows, please let me know
  by realtype

davinp wrote:CEO Dale Zehner also announced at the Dec. board meeting that VRE will be featured in an upcoming Discovery
Channel program about “living green” in which the cameras follow a woman throughout her day. It includes footage of her commuting to work via VRE.

No details yet on what show it is or when it will air. If anybody knows, please let me know
Why not MARC? The Silver Spring station is literally right in front of Discovery Communications' worldwide headquarters. I bet a quarter of the people who get off at Silver Spring work there.
  by TheTroll

realtype wrote:
davinp wrote:CEO Dale Zehner also announced at the Dec. board meeting that VRE will be featured in an upcoming Discovery

Why not MARC? The Silver Spring station is literally right in front of Discovery Communications' worldwide headquarters. I bet a quarter of the people who get off at Silver Spring work there.
Maybe the person that they picked uses VRE. I'm pretty sure when they (Discovery Channel) picked Ms. Zehner, there were alot of others in the running. Could have even been someone from California. At least the railroads get some mention for trying to be "green".