• Old NJ Transit Maps...

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by N-Trizzy2609

Hello all, new to the forums.

Anyways, I'm looking for at least a picutre of a pre-Montclair Connection NJ Transit map. But whenever I google it, it give the 2009. I typed 1995 NJT map. I got 2005. Google is just a smart as a bucket of nail. :(
  by Port Jervis

N-Trizzy2609 wrote:Hello all, new to the forums.

Anyways, I'm looking for at least a picutre of a pre-Montclair Connection NJ Transit map. But whenever I google it, it give the 2009. I typed 1995 NJT map. I got 2005. Google is just a smart as a bucket of nail. :(
Here's a scan of my 2001 map, pre-Montclair:

by R36 Combine Coach

by Port Jervis

R36 Combine Coach wrote:1980 map
1984 map
1998 map
I thought service to Atlantic City had been eliminated by 1984 (returning in 1989).
  by R36 Combine Coach

The 1980 map shows service to Cape May and Ocean City, though, but no through service into Philadelphia.
  by radioboy

R36 Combine Coach wrote:The 1980 map shows service to Cape May and Ocean City, though, but no through service into Philadelphia.
I believe at that time, service form AC terminated at Lindenwold
  by R36 Combine Coach

That's what the Lindenwold PATCO connection was originally for. Until NJT extended the ACL to 30 Street in 1995, passengers made connections to PATCO.
  by thebigc

I actually have a NJT system map T-shirt from 1980. It shows all the southern NJ routes, AC, Cape May, etc...

I'l scan it later.
  by N-Trizzy2609

Thanks guys. I looked at the strip maps of the NJT from 1999. Matawan station was considered a minor stop. Also the 1998 map is soooo off scale. =)
  by M&Eman

N-Trizzy2609 wrote:Thanks guys. I looked at the strip maps of the NJT from 1999. Matawan station was considered a minor stop. Also the 1998 map is soooo off scale. =)
Could you link to these maps?
  by NegativeApproach

There was actually service to Phillipsburg as late as 1980? Wow.. I had no idea.
  by ChemiosMurphy

Wow, Amtrak used to stop at Hamilton. It's pretty neat to see the expansion of the system over the years, unlike where I'm from with Septa....
  by Kaback9

ChemiosMurphy wrote:Wow, Amtrak used to stop at Hamilton. It's pretty neat to see the expansion of the system over the years, unlike where I'm from with Septa....
Acela's used to stop at Princeton Junction at one time not so long ago. I cannot recall what services stopped at Hamilton though.
  by Roadgeek Adam

Anyone have a higher resolution version of the 1980 map? My eyes hurt trying to read it

Also, funny thing about my 1994 NJ Transit/NJDOT map. It uses the 1984 map, with some stations, like North Rahway removed. Yet they forgot to remove Ampere. :|
  by Fan Railer

hello, nice to see you here. and yeah, although google might not give you what you want all the time, it is better than yahoo 98% of the time.