• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

  • Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

  • 4821 posts
  • 1
  • 294
  • 295
  • 296
  • 297
  • 298
  • 322
  by jhdeasy
 
PV photo opportunity:

MOUNT VERNON on train 50(21) from CHI to WAS, then on train 20(22) from WAS to NYP.
  by hazmatmess
 
Just curious, anybody know what private car was on an Amtrak train on Friday evening? Was with my son waiting for NJT at Metropark and an Amtrak train passed through North at about 445pm and the first car was a private PRR car. I think I saw Colonial Crafts on it But was not sure. Camera app loaded too slow to catch a picture of it. It wasn’t an observation car either.
Thanks
  by JimBoylan
 
hazmatmess wrote:Just curious, anybody know what private car was on an Amtrak train on Friday evening? Was with my son waiting for NJT at Metropark and an Amtrak train passed through North at about 445pm and the first car was a private PRR car. I think I saw Colonial Crafts on it But was not sure. Camera app loaded too slow to catch a picture of it. It wasn’t an observation car either.
Thanks
"Colonial Crafts" is the name of an active Private Car.
  by jhdeasy
 
PV photo opportunity: NAVY 118 on train 50(28) from CHI to WAS.

Then on train 65(30) from WAS to NPN.
  by jhdeasy
 
PV photo opportunity:

BERLIN on train 50(30) from HUN to WAS.
DEARING on train 90(01) from SAV to WAS.
BERLIN and DEARING on train 172(02) from WAS to BOS.
  by jhdeasy
 
jhdeasy wrote:PV photo opportunity:

BERLIN and DEARING on train 172(02) from WAS to BOS.
Train 172(03) from WAS to BOS.

Return on train 173(05) from BOS to WAS.
  by liftedjeep
 
jhdeasy wrote:
jhdeasy wrote:PV photo opportunity:

BERLIN and DEARING on train 172(02) from WAS to BOS.
Train 172(03) from WAS to BOS.

Return on train 173(05) from BOS to WAS.
Train 172(03) just crossed over Frankford Ave in Philadelphia with the two aforementioned PVs. City Sprinter #642 "Veterans Unit" is on the point.
Ben
  by Train2009
 
jhdeasy wrote:
jhdeasy wrote:PV photo opportunity:

BERLIN and DEARING on train 172(02) from WAS to BOS.
Train 172(03) from WAS to BOS.

Return on train 173(05) from BOS to WAS.
Not only I caught train #172 with the 2 Private cars in Southport, CT this afternoon I also caught a Amfleet II Lounge Car in service on train #95 this morning subsituting for the regular Amfleet I Cafe car.
  by R36 Combine Coach
 
Train2009 wrote:Not only I caught train #172 with the 2 Private cars in Southport, CT this afternoon I also caught a Amfleet II Lounge Car in service on train #95 this morning subsituting for the regular Amfleet I Cafe car.
Given the number of Amfleet II Diner/Lounges (only 24 after 28002 wrecked), they are too few to be put on corridor service, especially as they are being used for dining service on Silver Star, Lake Shore and Cardinal. Unless no spare Amfleet I cars were available.
  by Backshophoss
 
With the Lake shore and the Cardinal finally getting their View II Diners a few of the "diner light" cars can wander on the NEC now.
  by jhdeasy
 
Backshophoss wrote:With the Lake shore and the Cardinal finally getting their View II Diners a few of the "diner light" cars can wander on the NEC now.
We rode train 50 of June 21 from CHI to WAS and there was no Viewliner II diner on the train. Food and beverage service was provided from an Amfleet II cafe lounge car.
  by Train2009
 
CVRA7 wrote:Private cars "Berlin" and "Dearing" on train 173 today, Boston to Washington.
Caught it in Mamaroneck, NY this afternoon, not only that I also saw a Amfleet II on the head - end of train #174.
  • 1
  • 294
  • 295
  • 296
  • 297
  • 298
  • 322